Fitlet3 fanless mini PC based on a choice of three Atom or Celeron Elkhart Lake processors is an upgrade to the Compulab Fitlet2 mini PC introduced in 2017 with Apollo Lake processors.
Designed to be used as a fanless industrial mini PC or an IoT gateway, Fitlet3 comes with up to 32GB RAM, supports SATA and NVMe storage, offers two 4K video outputs, up to four Gigabit Ethernet ports, optional WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, and/or 4G/5G cellular connectivity, as well as a wide range 7V to 42V power input.
- Elkhart Lake SoC (one or the other)
- System Memory – Up to 32 GB DDR4 up to 3200MT/s via SO-DIMM socket
- M.2 Key-M socket with PCIe x4 (NVMe)/SATA for SSD up to M.2280
- M.2 Key-B for SATA SSD up to 2260 (multiplexed with LTE/5G modem)
- Optional 2.5-inch HDD/SSD via M.2 to SATA expansion module
- Video Output
- HDMI 1.4b up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Mini DisplayPort 1.2 up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz dual mode
- Optional I2S audio codec
- Optional 3.5mm analog output, analog input jacks
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- Optional FC3-LAN for two extra 2x GbE LAN on RJ45
- Optional FC3-OPLN for 1x GbE LAN on SFP+ for optical LAN
- Optional FC3-POED for one extra 1x GbE LAN on RJ45 with PoE device capabilities
- Optional on-board module with WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 (apparently not an M.2 module)
- M.2 Key-E socket for optional WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 M.2 2230 module
- M.2 Key-B socket + micro-SIM tray for optional 4G LTE/5G modem
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports, 2x USB 3.1 ports
- Optional terminal block with Isolated serial and GPIO, up to 24V
- Isolated RS-232/422/485
- 2x isolated GPI + 2x isolated GPO
- Security – Intel PTT (TPM 2.0), optional discreet TPM 2.0
- Power Supply
- 7V – 42V, up to 5A DC input via 5.5 mm power jack w/ locking
- Optional FC3-POE to input power by PoE, GbE LAN on RJ45
- Dimensions – 132.8 x 100 x 34.8 mm
- Weight – 420 grams
- Temperature Range
- Commercial – 0°C to 45°C
- Extended – -20°C to 70°C
- Industrial – -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity – 5% – 95% non-condensing
The mini PC support side/bottom VESA and DIN Rail mounts. Supported operating systems include Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 11 Pro, and Linux Mint / Ubuntu.
The expansion modules for Fitlet mini PCs are called FACET extension cards. They plug into one or two M.2 sockets with ports accessible from the side of the mini PC as illustrated below with the FC3-LAN FACET extension card.
Compulab Fitlet3 is available for pre-order now with pricing starting at $230 US for the barebone model with an Intel Celeron J6412 processor and the standard enclosure. The mini PC is build-to-order and you can select any option you’d like, and a fully equipped industrial temperature grade model with 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4G LTE modem, a Windows 11 Pro license, etc… can go over $1,000. Shipping is scheduled for April 2022. Further details may also be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.