NVIDIA has recently introduced the Jetson AGX Orin Industrial module that comes with an extended temperature range, operating lifetime, shock and vibration specifications, as well as support for error correction code (ECC) memory, and delivers up to 248 TOPS of AI performance with power configurable between 15-75 W.
The industrial-grade system-on-module is based on the Jetson AGX Orin 64GB module but with lower operating frequencies to enable a longer operating lifetime and improved endurance. It’s form-factor and pin-compatible with Jetson AGX Orin, and NVIDIA says it delivers more than eight times the AI performance of the 30 TOPS Jetson AGX Xavier Industrial introduced in 2021, but does not integrate Cortex-R5F cores.
NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin Industrial specifications:
- CPU – 12-core Arm Cortex-A78AE v8.2 64-bit processor @ 2.0 GHz with 2MB L2 + 4MB L3 cache
- GPU / AI accelerators
- NVIDIA Ampere architecture with 2,048 NVIDIA CUDA cores and 64 Tensor Cores @ 1.2 GHz
- DL Accelerator – 2x NVDLA v2.0
- Vision Accelerator – PVA v2.0 (Programmable Vision Accelerator)
- AI Performance – 248 TOPS (INT8) @ 75W
- Video Encode – 1x 4K60 | 3x 4K30 | 7x 1080p60 | 15x 1080p30 (H.265)
- Video Decode – 1x 8K30 | 3x 4K60 | 7x 4K30 | 11x 1080p60 | 23x 1080p30 (H.265)
- System Memory – 64GB 256-bit LPDDR5 @ 204.8 GB/s with inline ECC
- Storage – 64GB eMMC 5.1 flash
- 699-pin Molex Mirror Mezz connector with
- Display – 1x 8K60 multi-mode DP 1.4a (+MST), eDP 1.4a, HDMI 2.1
- Up to 6x CSI Camera (16 via virtual channels)
- 16 lanes MIPI CSI-2
- D-PHY 1.2 (up to 40Gbps) | C-PHY 1.1 (up to 164Gbps)
- Networking – 1x GbE, 1x 10GbE
- PCIe – 2x PCIe x8 (or 1x PCIe x8 + 2x PCIe x4), 1x PCIe x4, 2x PCIe x1 (PCIe Gen4, Root Port & Endpoint)
- USB – 3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps), 4x USB 2.0
- Low-speed IOs – 4x UART, 3x SPI, 4x I2S, 8x I2C, 2x CAN, DMIC & DSPK, GPIOs
- Power Modes – 15W to 75W
- Misc – SoC Corner Bonding & Component Underfill
- Dimensions – 100 x 87 mm
- Temperature Range – -40°C to 85°C
- Operating lifetime – 10 years; 87K hours @ 85° C
- Non-operational: 140G, 2 ms
- Operational: 50G, 11 ms
- Non-operational: 3G
- Operational: 5G
- Humidity – 85°C / 85% RH, 1,000 hours, Power ON
- Temperature Endurance – -40°C, 72 hours 85°C, 1000 hours (operational)
- Production lifecycle – 10 years (Until 2033)
NVIDIA’s Jetson AGX Orin Industrial module will be found in applications that must withstand extreme environments and extended shocks and vibrations, for example, in Smart Agriculture, industrial manufacturing, mining, construction, and transportation sectors.
The Jetson AGX Orin Industrial module will become available in July. Since Jetson AGX Orin Industrial and Jetson AGX Orin 64GB are pin– and software-compatible, software development can be started on existing platforms such as the Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit and the latest release of the Ubuntu-based JetPack SDK. Additional information may be found on the product page and the announcement.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.