VIA Technologies has just unveiled the VIA AMOS-3002, a fanless system based on VIA EPIA-P900 Pico-ITX board, targeting embedded applications such as telematics, in-vehicle control, machine to machine controller (M2M), digital signage and kiosks.
The VIA EPIA-P900 Pico-ITX board is powered by VIA Eden X2 dual core processor (1GHz) together with VIA VX900H media system processor (MSP) and VIA Chrome 9 video processor which render VIA AMOS-3002 systems capable of handling hardware video decoding for MPEG-2, WMV9 and H.264 codecs at 1080p resolution.
Two models are available: AMOS-3002-2D10A1 and AMOS-3002-2D10A1. The latter features a 2.5” SATA hard disk drive bay which is not available in AMOS-3002-2D101A1.
Here are the specifications for both VIA AMOS-3002 Models:
- CPU – VIA Eden X2 @ 1.0GHz
- Chipset – VIA VX900H Media System Processor
- Memory – 1x DDR3 1066 204-pin SODIMM socket (Up to 4GB)
- 1x CFast Flash disk socket
- 1 x 2.5” SATA hard disk drive bay (Model AMOS-3002-2D10A1 only)
- Graphic Controller – Integrated VIA Chrome 9 HD DX9 3D/2D video processor with MPEG-2, DivX, WMV9/VC1, H.264 video decoding acceleration
- Video Output:
- 1x External VGA port (Up to 2560 x 1600)
- 1x Onboard HDMI 1 port connector
- Dual View support with independent display of VGA and HDMI
- Ethernet – 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio I/O – 1x Line-out and 1x Mic-in
- USB – 6x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial Ports:
- 1 x RS-232
- 1x RS-232/422/485
- GPIO – 1 x D-Sub 9-pin connector of 8-bit GPIO (4 inputs+ 4 outputs) + 5V power source
- 1x MiniPCIe slot
- 1x SIM slot
- Watchdog timer
- Power Supply – [email protected] A
- Dimensions – 197mm (W) x 49mm (H) x 104mm (D)
- Weight – 1.4 kg
- Operating Temperature:
- -10 °C up to 60°C
- 0 °C ~ 45°C when system equipped with 2.5” hard disk drive
- Certifications – IEC 60068-2-64, IEC 60068-2-27, CE, FCC Class A and CCC
VIA AMOS-3002 systems support Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Embedded Standard, Windows Embedded
Compatibility Standard 7 and Linux operating systems.