Kimdecent has added a new Rockchip RK3066 Android 4.1.1 mini PC to its offering. The device comes with 1GB RAM, 8GB Flash, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity, and a feature I’ve never seen in any other PC-on-a-stick: a 2 MP camera for video conferencing with Skype or Google talk.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3066 dual core Cortex A9 @ 1.6GHz + Mali400 quad core GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB ROM + microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- WiFi 802.11/b/g/n 150Mbps
- Build-in Bluetooth 2.1
- USB – 1x Full Size USB 2.0 + 2x micro USB ports
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 output+ AV output
- Camera – Build-in 2MP webcam
- Audio I/O – Mic
- Misc – Hardware Standby key, software power off key, and recovery hole.
- Dimensions – 97.5 x 39.8 x 9.8mm
- Weight – 42g
The package contains Kimdecent B13 Android Mini PC, a power supply, a USB Cable, an HDMI Cable, an OTG cable, an AV cable, an “hold” kit, and a user manual in English.The “hold” kit (there must be a better word) is used to hold the mini PC horizontally in order to use the webcam. I’m not sure how convenient this is compared to a standard USB webcam connected to a mini PC.
The firmware has been improved with software power off, and video playback is now full screen (Status bar hidden). This is the mini PC with the most features I’ve seen, and it costs $67.99 on Kimdecent shop on Aliexpress. I could not find it on other shops for now.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|