TQ Group has recently unveiled several TQMa6X embedded CPU modules that feature Freescale i.MX6 Solo, Dual and Quad processors, targeting screen, multi-touch, and multi-display applications as well as conventional controlling tasks.
3 modules are available:
- TQMa6S-AA – Single Cortex A9 / 1,2 GHz, 2 GB eMMC Flash, 512 MB DDR3, 64 kB EEPROM, -25°C…+85°C
- TQMa6D – Dual Cortex A9 / 1,2 GHz, 2 GB eMMC Flash, 512 MB DDR3, 64 kB EEPROM, -25°C…+85°C
- TQMa6Q – Quad Cortex A9 / 1,2 GHz, 2 GB eMMC Flash, 1 GB DDR3, 64 kB EEPROM, -25°C…+85°C
TQMa6X modules share the following specifications:
- Processor – Freescale MCIMX6 Single/Dual/Quad Cortex A9 up to 1,2 GHz
- System Memory – Up to 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – Up to 64 GByte eMMC Flash, EEPROM: 0 / 64 kbit and up to 128 MB NOR-Flash.
- System interfaces:
- CAN – 2x FlexCAN
- ESAI (Enhanced Serial Audio Interface)
- Ethernet – 1x 10/100/1000 Mbit (IEEE 1588)
- I²C – Up to 2x
- SPI – Up to 3x CSPI
- SSI / I²S – Up to 3x
- UART – Up to 5x
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 High-Speed Host, 1x USB 2.0 High-Speed OTG
- WEIM bus (Wireless Extension Interface Module)
- 1x 16-bit camera interface
- Other interfaces, busses & misc.:
- Debugging – CPU JTAG Interface
- Temperature sensor
- Video Output:
- Parallel 2x 24-Bit (RGB) UXGA
- Dual LVDS
- Dimensions – 74mm x 54mm
- Power supply: 5 V
- Temperature range – Commercial: 0°C … +70°C, extended: -25°C … +85°C
The company will provide support for Linux and QNX operating systems, and can provide Android and WEC7 on request.
TQ Group will also offer an evaluation kit “STKa6D” featuring TQMa6D module (Freescale i.MX6Dual) together with a baseboard giving access to most (all?) interfaces of the module. There’s no detailed specifications of the starter kit at the moment.
Prototypes should be available in Q1 2013. For further details, please visit TQ Group TQMa6X page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.