When MINIX unveiled their RK3188 based MINIX NEO X7 at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair in April, they showcased a new enclosure design. Many people seemed to dislike the new “Lamborghini” casing, but the company listened to complains, and redesigned it to a more traditional casing, very similar to the one used for NEO X5.
The company also disclosed the official specifications.
- SoC- Quad core Cortex A9 processor with quad core Mali-400 GPU (Rockchip RK3188)
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB NAND Flash + SD/MMC card reader (SD 3.0, MMC V4.41)
- 802.11 b/g/n Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4 / 5GHz) with external antenna
- 3G support via external USB dongle (not provided)
- 10/100M Ethernet (Supports hotspot sharing via Wi-Fi)
- Bluetooth V4.0
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a, full HD 1080p, 3D movie file format supported
- Audio Output/Input – HDMI 1.4a two channels, optical S/PDIF AC3 multi-channel, headphone and microphone jacks
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 port + micro USB OTG port
- Misc – IR sensor
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
This media player runs Android 4.2.2, and is said to come with a remote. The company also announced MINIX NEO X7 will be available at the end of July, beginning of August, but price has not been disclosed yet.
[Update: They’ve also posted specifications for their MINIX NEO A2 Air Mouse (dual sided with QWERTY keyboard and microphone/speaker), also available in July/August, but no word on pricing yet].
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.