Shenzhen AW Technology Co Ltd, a company specializing in home entertainment equipment development, manufacturing, and sales, has just informed me they’ve released Android 4.4.2 SDK (Software Development Kit) for four Rockchip RK3188 devices, namely MK908, MK908 II, MK918, and A9. If you’ve never heard about A9, it looks very similar to the upcoming ZERO Devices Z6C.
- MK908 Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: lvlb
- MK908 II Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: wpwa
- MK918 Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: kafo
- A9 II Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: f1zb
Each download section is composed of three files. For MK908, we’ll get:
- rk3188_4.4.2_without_kernel_20131230.tar.gz (3.85GB) – The Android SDK itself without Linux kernel
- kernel_mk908_20131230.tar.gz – The kernel source code
I haven’t completed the download yet, but the readme explains how to use build Android, and flash the SDK:
- After upzip these two parts, copy the Kernel to SDK’s directory.
- Build the Kernel – Go to kernel directory, and run ‘make kernel.img’
- Build the whole SDK – Go into the SDK directory, and run ‘./3188.sh’
- The resulting image is in ./rockdev/Image.
- The flash tool for Windows is in ./RKTools/windows.
Please note these files do not contain firmware, just the source code to build the firmware, and if you’re not a developer, these will not be useful to you.
The company also told me they would launch an Oca core Android media player around the 15th of January, but did not provide further details for now.