Avionic Design, a German company specializing in the development and production of electronic components for the embedded, avionics, and healthcare market, has been working on an Nvidia Tegra K1 system-on-module (SoM) , using the quad core version of the processor, with 2GB RAM, and 16GB eMMC, putting most features found in Jetson TK1 development board into a 70×50 mm module.
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor up to 2.2 GHz with Nvidia Kepler GPU with 192 cores up to 450 MHz
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3 (1833 MHz)
- Storage – 16GB eMMC + SATA & SD/MMC via SoM connectors
- Video In – 2x 4-lane CSI
- Video Out – HDMI 1.4b, eDP, two 4-lane DSI
- Audio – 2x I2S, S/PDIF In and Out
- High Speed I/O
- PCIe 2.0 1x, PCIe 2.0 4x
- 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 host, 1x USB 2.0 client
- Regular I/O
- 3x I2C, up to 4x SPI, OWR (One-Wire)
- Up to 4x UART
- JTAG + debug UART
- Various GPIO @ 1.8 & 3.3V
- Power Supply – 3.3 & 5 V
- Power Consumption – 5 to 15 Watts
- Dimensions – 70 x 50 x 4.7 mm (6.6 mm height including carrier board connectors)
- Temperature Range – 0-70°C, with extended temperature range modules available later in 2015.
There’s no information about software support, but it’s probably safe to assume that the company leveraged resources for Jetson TK1 board, and Ubuntu 14.04 (Linux for Tegra) is most likely officially supported, and community builds such as Gentoo and Android may be as well. No mention was made about a reference baseboard / carrier board yet.
Avionic Design’s embedded Tegra K1 processor module engineering sample will be available in Q4 2014 (that’s now), and mass production is scheduled for Q1 2015. Full details for the Tegra K1 SoM have not been released yet, and I got most information from a company’s brochure (PDF).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|