Freescale will soon announce i.MX6 SoloX dual core processor with ARM Cortex A9 and M4 cores, and dual-port gigabit Ethernet, but companies still design and manufacture new Freescale i.MX6 Solo/Dual/Quad based hardware for their mostly industrial customers. Variscite has recently launched a smaller version of their VAR-SOM-MX6 system-on-module called VAR-SOM-SOLO powerd by Freescale i.MX6 Solo processor with up to 1GB RAM, up to 512MB NAND flash for boot code, up to 64GB eMMC flash for storage, and TI WiLink8 module with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Smart.
- SoC – Freescale i.MX6 single core ARM Cortex-A9 core @ 1.0GHz with Vivante GC 880 + Vivante GC 320 GPU, and VPU supporting 1080p30 H.264 encode and decode.
- System Memory – 256MB to 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 128MB to 512MB NAND flash for boot code, 4GB to 64GB eMMC flash, and SD/MMC via edge connector
- Video Output / Display Interfaces:
- HDMI 1.4, up to 1920 x 1080
- 2x 24-bit LVDS up to 1920 x 1200
- 1x MIPI DSI, 24-bit, up to 1920 x 1200
- 4-wire resistive touch support
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet PHY, dual band 802.11a/b/g/n, and Bluetooth 4.0 (TI WiLink8 module)
- I/Os and interfaces available via 200-pin SO-DIMM connector:
- Audio – Headphone driver (On SoM), digital microphone, optical S/PDIF, and Line In/Out
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host, 1x USB OTG.
- 3x UART up to 3.6 Mbps
- 2x I2C, 2x SPI, 2x CAN bus
- PCIe Gen 2.0
- RTC (not on SoM)
- Camera – 1x CSI, 1x CPI
- Power Supply – 3.3V DC
- Dimensions – 68 x 33 x 4 mm
- Temperature Range – Commercial 0 to 70°C; Extended: -20 to 70°C, or Industrial: -40 to 85°C
The module supports Android 4.4 with Linux 3.10, Yocto 1.5 (Dora), and Ubuntu 11.10, and the company also provide on-line hardware, mechanical, and software documentation including a Wiki for VAR-SOM-SOLO. Development can be performed on VAR-MX6CustomBoard carrier board that supports both VAR-SOM-MX6 v1 and v2, and VAR-SOM-SOLO.
VAR-SOM-SOLO module is available now for $42 and up, with price depending on options and volume. You may want to visit VAR-SOM-SOLO product page for more details.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|