Linaro usually releases images and source code on the last Thursday of the month, but since most people will have long holidays for Chritsmas and New Year, the last working Thrusday of this month was yesterday (18th). Linaro 14.12 release includes Linux kernel 3.18 (baseline), Linux 3.10.62 & 3.14.26 (LSK, same versions as last month), and Android 5.0.1 Lollipop.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Linux Linaro 3.18-2014.12
- Based on v3.18 release
- GATOR topic: version 5.20
- updated topic from Qualcomm LT (includes IFC6410 board support)
- updated integration-linaro-vexpress64 topic by ARM LT (FVP Base and Foundation models, and Juno support)
- updated LLVM topic (uses the community llvmlinux-latest branch)
- included ILP32 patch set v3 rebased on 3.18. Boot tested with aarch64 userland. Work is in progress to test with aarch64-ilp32 userland.
- config fragments updated – SELinux related config options enabled in linaro-base.conf, device tree runtime self tests enabled in distribution.conf
- Linaro builds of AOSP 14.12
- built with AOSP toolchain
- All the Android builds have been updated to 5.0.1
- Audio on Versatile Express TC2 is fixed (Android 5.0.1)
- DNS issue fixed on Juno, FVP models and Versatile Express TC2 (Android 5.0.1)
- daily CI updated to include benchmarks for Versatile Express TC2 and Juno
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2014.12
- integrated Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.11 and Linaro binutils 2.24-2014.11
- switched from eglibc to Linaro glibc 2.20-2014.11
- improved external toolchain support
- improved ACPI tooling
- added python-numpy to images for LAVA tests
- Linaro Ubuntu 14.12 – updated packages: juno-pre-boot, LSK 3.10.62/3.14.26 and linux-linaro 3.18 kernels
- CI loop for testing the pre-built Linaro toolchain using the OpenEmbedded external toolchain support has been reactivated
- ARMv8 Ubuntu engineering build for Enterprise is available
- CI bring up: HiSilicon Hi3716cv200
- CI bring up: EAS (Energy Aware Scheduling) development – integration branch testing
- Publish OpenSDK images on snapshots.linaro.org
- Ship board recovery image into hwpack for Juno
You can visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1412/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB, LMB (Linaro Member Builds), and community builds, as well as Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|