HD18T is an Android media player powered by Amlogic AML8726-MX dual core Cortex A9 processor and featuring a DVB-T2 tuner, and that’s the device I’m giving away to a lucky commenter today.
Since the processor has been around for a while, I haven’t done a full review, but instead I focused on the DVB-T2 part. The results were mixed, as while I could scan and watch SD and HD TV channels fine, the videos recorded did not get any audio, possibly because I switched channels during recording, but that’s strange since the video was recorded just fine. However, some people based in Singapore mentioned that while DVB-T works, DVB-T2 does not work with this device, so your mileage may vary.
All accessories above are included in the giveaway except the EU to US plug adapter on the top right. You can find more pictures and full specs in the unboxing post.
Simply leave a comment below to enter the draw, with other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10am (Bangkok time) every day. Comments will be closed after 48 hours.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- Free EMS for winners with a shipping address in Thailand
- $19 Registered Airmail Small packet for the rest of the world payable via Paypal within 48 hours once the contest is complete.
- If Paypal is not available in your country, you can still play, and I’ll cover the cost of sending the parcel by Sea and Land (SAL) if you win.
- I’ll post all 7 prizes at the same time, around the 18th of March
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this week giveaway, I’ll draw another person.
- Winners are announced in comments under each giveaway, and I’ll also write a separate post for all winners.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.