e-con Systems has just introduced e-CAM130_CUTK1, a 13 MP MIPI CSI-2 camera board specifically designed for Nvidia Jetson TK1 development board powered by Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor supporting up to Ultra HD (3840×2160) resolution @ 22 fps, or 1080p @ 30+ fps with MJPEG or YUV422 output.
e-CAM130_CUTK1 camera board is comprised of a camera module and an adapter board that can be directly plug into Jetson TK1 board. Camera board key features and specifications:
- Camera Module
- e-CAM130_CUMI1820_MOD with S-mount lens holder
- based on Aptina AR1820HS sensor.
- Max S/N ratio: – 36.3 dB; Dynamic Range: – 65.8 dB
- Interface – 4-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface
- Resolution / Frame rate – VGA @ 90 fps, 720p @ 60 fps, 1080p @ 30 fps, UltraHD (3840×2160) @ 22 fps, 13MP (4224×3156) @ 14 fps. Values are the same for MJPEG or YUV422.
- Connector – 125-pin connector for Jetson TK1
- Power requirements – ~ 2.5W
- Dimensions – 65.27 mm x 55 mm x 27.3 mm
- Weight – 3.55 grams with lens
- Temperature Range – Operating: -30° to 70° C; Stable image: 0° to 50° C
The camera supports Linux, with V4L2 camera drivers, and sample application with source code provided. You can find documentation including the datasheet, and a getting started guide for Jetson TK1 in their documentation page. Android drivers are also being worked on. You can watch a demo of the camera in Ubuntu 14.04 with GUVC Viewer (ecam_tk1_guvcview) sample application.
e-CAM130_CUTK1 camera board is available now, but price has not been publicly released. However, for reference e-CAM130_CUMI1820_MOD camera module used in this kit sells for $169 per unit, with the price dropping to $89 for 1k orders.