Most smartwatches sold on the western markets are designed to be smartphone’s companions, and only come with Bluetooth LE connectivity, while we’ve seen many smartwatches (aka watchphones) with SIM card slot originating from China in the past, including the lower end No.1 D3 smartwatch which I reviewed recently. But this may be changing, as Omate is going to launch a new smartwatch called Omate Rise that will include 3G connectivity via a micro SIM card slot, as well as WiFi, Bluetooth Smart, and GPS.
Omate Rise specifications:
- SoC – Mediatek MT2601 dual core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.2GHz with ARM Mali-400 MP GPU
- System Memory – 512MB RAM
- Storage – 4GB flash
- Display – 1.3″ round muti-touch color display with 360×360 resolution (Innolux)
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.1 LE (A2DP profile), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- Cellular Connectivity – 3.5G HSDPA (2100/1900 MHz), GPRS / EDGE /GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz); micro SIM card slot
- Sensors – 6-axis accelerometer, magnetometer / gyroscope
- Audio – Microphone and loud speaker
- Misc – Home/power button
- Battery – 580mAh polymer battery
- Dimensions – N/A (22 mm watch strap)
- IP rating – N/A (1 ATM water resistant)
The watch will run Android 5.1 with Omate OUI 4.0, and be compatible with Android 4.3+ and iOS 9. It’s interesting to note the processor, memory, storage and display parts of the specifications looks exactly the same as the upcoming Bluboo Xwatch with Android Wear. However, Omate Rise does have some extra features like 3G, WiFi, GPS, upport for the newer Bluetooth 4.1, a larger battery, and likely a better overall quality. The company also plans to release the source code on XDA Developer forums.
The watch will be introduced via Indiegogo (not live yet) on December 7, 2015 at 10am (New York time), but unlike other crowdfunding campaign that typical last one to two months, Omate Rise crowdfunding will only take place over 48 hours. A $199 pledge should get you an Omate Rise watch, and for super early bird backers a free BLE heart rate monitor chest belt will be included. Delivery is scheduled for endo f March 2016.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|