If you’ve been following this blog, you must now that I reviewed K1 Plus Android TV box based on Amlogic S905 processor a little while ago. Videostrong has sent me yet another K1 Plus device, except this time it is an Android receiver with a tuner card supporting both satellite (DVB-S/S2) and terrestrial (DVB-T/T2) reception. Today, I’ll list the specs, take a few pictures of the device, before checking out the tuner board.
The specifications are exactly the same as the TV box, except for the added tuner:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash (4 to 32GB optional) + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDCP 2.2 support, and 3.5mm AV
- Audio – HDMI, AV (stereo), optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – 10-bit H.265 up to 4K60, MPEG/VC-1/AVS+/H.265 up to 4K30
- Tuner – Combo DVB-T/T2 and DVB-S/S2 with two connectors
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet (Gigabit optional), 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power button and LED, IR receiver
- Optional DRM: Playready, Verimatrix, Widewine (Probably not available right now)
- Power Supply – DC 12V/1A
- Dimensions – 130 x 120 x 32 mm
The device is still running Android 5.1.
The package looks exactly the same as the media player model with KI Plus Quad-core Androdi DVB marking.
I’ve already torn down K1 Plus without tuner, and the way to open it, and the mainboard are exactly the same, even the components, and only the tuner board has been added.
So I’ve loosened the 3 connectors holding the mainboard and tuner to the casing, and removed the shield to have a closer look at the tuner board itself.
The board is called S2&T2_R848_Rev1.0 and includes Availink AVL6862TA DVB-C/T/T2 + DVB-S/S2 demodulator and Rafael Micro R848 tuner. The hardware configuration is very similar to TBS5520 multi-standard USB tuner with R848 tuner and AVL6882 demodulator with support for DVB-T2/C/S2/ISDB-T/J.83B standards.
Videostrong has listed the product on on their Alibaba website, and if you are a reseller or distributor you may consider contacting the company there to purchase in quantities.. I could not find it for sale yet on any online shops, and the name does not really make it easy to find either… [Update 24/02/2016: GearBest now has the device for $76.35]
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|