Variscite announced DART-4460, a new system-on-module based on Texas Instruments OMAP4460, with up to 1GB LPDDR2 RAM and 8GB eMMC flash. The key differentiating point of this module is its size (17 mm x 52 mm), which could make it the world smallest dual core module, although Logic PD’s DM3730 / AM3730 Torpedo SOM might be the smallest of all in single core configuration.
DART-4460 system-on-module specifications:
- SoC – Texas Instruments OMAP4460 dual core cortex A9 @ 1.5 GHz max + PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- System Memory – 512 to 1024 MB LP-DDR2
- Storage – Up to 8 GB eMMC + 2x SD / MMC
- Video – 1080p30 H.264 Encode / Decode
- Camera Interfaces – 2x CSI, 1x CPI
- HDMI 1.3a 1920 x 1080
- 24-bit RGB 1400 x 1050
- 24-bit DSI 1400 x 1050
- 4-wire resistive touch
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio – Headphone, digital microphone, S/PDIF, Line In and Out
- USB – 1x Host, 1x OTG
- I/O – 3x UART up to 3.6 Mbps, 2x I2C, 2x SPI, 1-Wire/HDQ
- Misc – RTC + GPMC bus
- Dimensions – 17 mm x 52 mm x 4.7 mm
- 3.3 – 4.5 V supply voltage
- 1.8V digital I/O voltage
- Consumes 5 mA in suspend and 44 mA with a 3.7 V Li-Po battery while running at 400 MHz
- Temperature range – Commercial temperature (0 to 70°C) and Industrial temperature (-40 to 85°C)
The company provides support for Android 4.1.2, Linux 3.4, and Ubuntu 12.04. DART-4460 can use the same “VAR-OM44CustomBoard” carrier board as its larger sibling (VAR-SOM-OM44) via an adapter (DART-4460-ADAPTER) that makes it mechanically and electrically compatible. The module datasheet and mechanical files (DXF and 3D files), as well as the carrier board datasheet and schematics are all available for download.
I could not find availability nor pricing information. Further details may be available on Variscite’s DART-4460 page.
Via Linux Gizmos
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|