Asus has introduced Zenfone Go TV Android 5.1 mid-range smartphone that only stands out thanks to its built-in digital TV tuner supporting DVB-T2 and ISDB-T standards letting you watch terrestrial digital TV on the go without needing Internet connection.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8928) quad core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.4GHz with Adreno 305 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 16GB/32GB eMMC Flash, MicroSD card slot up to 64 GB
- Display – 5.5″ TFT display with capacitive touch panel; 1280×720 resolution, Gorilla Glass 3; 450nits brightness
- Tuner – SONY SMT-EW100 Digital TV (DTV) tuner supporting DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-T2 Lite, ISDB-T, ISDB-Tmm
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi; Bluetooth V4.0+EDR +A2DP; GPS, GLONASS, AGPS & BDS
- Cellular Connectivity
- Dual Micro SIM card with Sual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) support
- Network Standard – WCDMA/TD-SCDMA/TDD-LTE/FDD-LTE
- Data Rate – LTE Cat4 – UL 50 / DL 150 Mbps
- 2G – GSM: 850MHz/900MHz/1800MHz/1900MHz/850(5)/900(8)/1800(3)/1900(2)
- UMTS: 850MHz(5)/900MHz(8)/1900MHz(2) /2100MHz(1);
- WCDMA :(WW/IN version) 850MHz(5)/900MHz(8)/1900MHz(2) /2100MHz(1)
- WCDMA :(TW/JP version) 850MHz(5)/850MHz(6)/850MHz(19)/900MHz(8)/1900MHz(2) /2100MHz(1)
- TD-LTE : (TW/JP version) 2600MHz(38)
- TD-LTE : (IN version only) 2600MHz(38)/1900MHz(39)/2300MHz(40)/2600MHz(41)
- FDD-LTE: (WW version) 2100MHz(1)/1900MHz(2)/1800MHz(3)/850MHz(5)/2600MHz(7)/900MHz(8)/800MHz(20)
- FDD-LTE: (TW/JP version) 2100MHz(1)/1800MHz(3)/850MHz(5)/850MHz(6)/2600MHz(7)/900MHz(8)/1800MHz(9)/800MHz(18)/850MHz(19)/700MHz(28)
- FDD-LTE: (IN version only) 2100MHz(1)/1800MHz(3)/850MHz(5)
- Camera – 8 or 13MP rear camera with auto-focus and dual-tone flash; 5MP front-facing camera
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, built-in speaker and microphone
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 port
- Sensors – Accelerator/Ambient Light Sensor/Hall Sensor
- Battery – 3,010 mAh
- Dimensions – 151 x 76.9 x 10.7 mm
- Weight – 160 grams with battery
The smartphone runs Android 5.1 with ASUS ZenUI “skin”, and ships with the battery, a power adapter, a USB sync cable, and a 3.5mm wired headset with microphone.
The tuner makes it suitable for ASEAN & Middle East, Europe, Africa, South America, Taiwan, and Japan, all countries that broadcast using DVB-T/T2, or ISDB-T. I’d assume you’d have to be relatively close to the broadcasting station for it to work, and/or that it might not work everywhere you go.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|