VideoStrong is better known for their Android TV boxes with or without digital TV tuners, such as K1 Plus T2/S2 TV box, but the company has also designed several Amlogic based single board computers and development boards, including the latest Raspberry Pi inspired VS-M9RD board powered by Amlogic S905 quad core 64-bit ARM processor.
VS-M9RD board technical specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core cortex-A53 processor @ 2.0 GHz with penta-core Mali-450 GPU up to 750 MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – Optional 4 to 32 GB eMMC flash module, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports + mini USB OTG port
- Expansion Header
- 30-pin header
- 28-pin header
- 7-pin header with CVBS and JTAG signals
- Debugging – 4-pin 2.54mm pitch serial console header
- Misc – IR receiver, power and update buttons.
- Power Supply – 5V via power jack and (maybe mini USB port)
- Dimensions – 85 x 55mm
You’ll notice in the pictures above and below that what should be the USB hub chip and micro SD slot are not soldered, but that’s likely because they just rushed to take pictures. The company also elected to use eMMC modules just like on Hardkernel ODROID-C2, an development board based on Amlogic S905. Some of the main differences with ODROID-C2 include less memory (1GB RAM vs 2GB RAM), but more I/Os with 65-pin for expansion against 47-pin.
Apart from the fact than the board will run Android 5.1.1, there’s also no firmware image, source code, and documentation right now, but this will have to be published once the board becomes available if they plan to target the maker market.
Price has not been disclosed yet. Some more details may eventually surface on VideoStrong S905 development board page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|