Google announced Daydream virtual reality platform at Google I/O 2016 a few days ago, and now ZTE has announced the first phone compatible with Daydream, namely Axon 7 powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 4 to 6 GB RAM, and 64 to 128 GB flash.
Their will be three versions of the phone: basic, standard and premium editions with the following key features and hardware specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core ARMv8 processor with two “Gold” cores up to 2.15 GHz, two “Silver” cores up to 1.6 GHz, Adreno 530 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0, and Vulkan, and Hexagon 680 DSP @ up to 825 MHz
- System Memory and Storage
- 4GB RAM, 64GB flash, and micro SD slot up to 128GB OR
- 6GB RAM, 128GB flash, and micro SD slot up to 128GB
- Display – 5.5″ 2560 x 1440, WQHD AMOLED, 2.5D; Premium: force touch support
- Audio – Dual Hi-Fi chipset: AK4961+AK4490, dual speakers, Dolby Atmos Surround Sound, 3.5mm audio jack
- Cellular Networks – 7 modes 22 bands, dual SIM, China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, international roaming to USA, Europe, Asia and other regions (China Version SKU only):
- TDD-LTE: B38/39/40/41; FDD-LTE: B1/2/3/5/7/8;
- TD-SCDMA: B34/39；WCDMA: B1/2/5/8;
- CDMA 1X/EVDO: BC0; GSM: B2/3/5/8
- Connectivity – 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, and NFC
- Rear camera – 20MP, PDAF + closed-loop instant autofocus, OIS (optical image stabilization), F1.8 aperture
- Front-facing camera – 8 MP, FF Aperture F2.2, smart facial beautification
- USB – USB Type-C
- Misc – Fingerprint 3.0 scanner,
- Battery – 3,250 mAh capacity, support for Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions – 151.7 x 75 x 7.9mm
The phone currently runs MiFavor4.0 based on Android 6.0, but ZTE will have to update this to Android N if they want to support Daydream VR.
The company has also introduced ZTE VR headset for the phones:
- Lens – Aspherical lens; field of vision: 96 degrees; PMMA material; diameter: 38 mm;
- Viewing adjustments – 8mm lens effect distance; 0 to 600 degrees vision; auto adaptive pupil distance
- Sensors – 9-axis gyro sensor
- Dimensions – 185.3 x 85.3 x 76.7mm
- Weight – 255 grams (Only headset)
ZTE Axon 7 has launched in China on JD.com on May 26 for 2,899 RMB ($422) for the Basic edition, 3,299 RMB ($500) for the Standard edition, and 4,099 RMB ($625)Premium edition, while ZTE VR headset is priced at 518 RMB ($94). International launches in the United States, Europe, and other regions will come a little later.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.