Amlogic S912 is one of the most expected processor this year for TV box users, and while there’s still a few months development needed before devices based on the new platform go on sale, some boards have started to surface on the Internet.
The first board named S912_MBX_REF_Q02_V01 is shown above, and has the following specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S912 or S912-H octo core ARM Cortex A53 processor @ 2.0GHz with ARM Mali-820MP3 @ 750MHz+
- System Memory – 2GB (Optional 1GB)
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash (Optional 8GB) + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 and AV ports
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0
- Misc – IR receiver, recovery push button (behind AV jack)
As a reminder the -H suffix means Dolby and DTS licenses are paid for, so audio down-mixing will work in all apps.
The second board is called S92-V01, will likely found its way into MXQ S92 or similarly named products, and specifications are quite similar except the AV is gone, and it features one extra USB port. Both boards also appear to provide easy access to the serial port.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|