Mediatek Labs and Linaro introduced X20 development board based on 96Boards CE specs, and featuring Mediatek Helio X20 deca-core Cortex A72/A53 processor a couple of months ago. At the time, if you wanted to purchase the board, you’d have to fill a form explaining the details about your project, and the company, Alpha Star, would then decided whether would sell it to you. The good news here is that you don’t need to do any of that anymore, and you can buy the board directly on Seeed Studio for $199, or on Taobao for 1399 RMB.
- SoC – Mediatek Helio X20 (MT6797) deca-core processor with two ARM Cortex A72 cores @ 2.1~2.3 GHz, four Cortex A53 @ 1.85 GHz, four Cortex A53 @ 1.4 GHz, and ARM Mali-T880 GPU @ 700 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3 @ 933 MHz
- Storage – 8GB eMMC 5.1 flash + micro SD 3.0 (UHS-I) slot
- Video Output – HDMI up to 1080p @ 30 fps
- Video Support – 32MP @ 24fps / 25MP @ 30 fps; WQXGA 2560×1600 60fps; FHD 1920×1080 120fps; 4Kx2K 30fps H.265 w/HDR
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 (MT6631), GPS with antenna connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port (device only).
- 1x 40 pin low speed expansion connector – UART, SPI, 2x I2C, 12x GPIO, DC power
- 1x 60 pin high speed expansion connector – 4L-MIPI DSI, USB, 2x I2C, 2L+4LMIPI CSI
- Optional 16-pin analog expansion connector – Stereo headset/line out, speaker, analog line-in, and more
- Misc – Power, reset and volume buttons. 6 LEDS (4x user, 1x Wifi, 1x Bluetooth)
- Power Supply – 8 to 18V DC input
- Dimensions – 85 x 54 mm
- Weight – 77 grams
The board only runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow at this stage. You can find more hardware and software technical details on the Wiki, and download page. It might also be worth monitoring 96Boards X20 page for documentation.