More and more companies are joining the 96Boards bangwagon, and the latest move by Mediatek Labs will mean their Helio X20 development board, designed in collaboration with ArcherMind, will be the most powerful 96Boards CE edition released so far thanks to its deca-core processor with two Cortex A72 cores, and 8 Cortex A53 cores.
- SoC – Mediatek Helio X20 (MT6797) deca-core processor with two ARM Cortex A72 cores @ 2.3 GHz, four Cortex A53 @ 1.95 GHz, four Cortex A53 @ 1.4 GHz, and ARM Mali-T880 GPU @ 800 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3 @ 933 MHz
- Storage – 8GB eMMC 5.1 flash + micro SD 3.0 (UHS-I) slot
- Video Output – HDMI up to 1080p @ 30 fps
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with antenna connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB port (device only).
- 1x 40 pin low speed expansion connector – UART, SPI, 2x I2C, 12x GPIO, DC power
- 1x 60 pin high speed expansion connector – 4L-MIPI DSI, USB, 2x I2C, 2L+4LMIPI CSI
- Analog expansion connector – Headset, Speaker, FM antenna, and more
- Misc – Power, reset and volume buttons. 6 LEDS (4x user, 1x Wifi, 1x Bluetooth)
- Power Supply – 8 to 18V DC input
- Dimensions – 85 x 54 mm
The board currently supports Android 6.0, and for now documentation is available in Chinese on Alpha Star website, with an English translation coming soon. The pre-sales page also mentions a daughterboard, but I could not find further details about it, nor the price of either boards.