Qualcomm processors are found in mobile devices and wearables selling in large quantities, some boards and modules from embedded systems companies such as Inforce Computing and Intrinsyc, as well as it own 96Boards compliant DragonBoard 410c and DragonBoard 600c development boards, but it’s hard to find them in many other products, and few crowdfunding campaign feature Snapdragon processors, as Qualcomm may not be willing to work with smaller companies and startups. The company has made some progress in that regards with their partnership with Allwinner to allow smaller Chinese companies to manufacture Snapdragon based Tablets, and their newly introduced Snapdragon 410E and 600E processors targeting embedded systems and IoT applications, available from Arrow Electronics without questions asked, and with long term availability for 10 years, i.e. until 2025 based on available of Snapdragon 410 mobile version.
Snapdragon 410E (APQ 8016E) specifications:
- CPU – Quad ARM Cortex A53 @ up to 1.2GHz per core with both 32-bit and 64-bit support
- GPU – Adreno 306 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.0/2.0/1.1, OpenCL 1.1e (Android only), DirectX 9.3 (Windows 10 only)
- System Memory I/F – LPDDR2/3 @ 533MHz single channel
- Storage I/F – SDIO 3.0 (UHS-I), eMMC 4.5
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1LE, GPS
- Display Support – 1x MIPI-DSI up to 1920×1200 for LCD display; up to 1080p for external display
- Camera Support – MIPI-CSI interface and integrated ISP support up to 13MP camera
- Multimedia – 1080p @ 30 fps H.264 playback and capture
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host interfaces
- Security – Qualcomm Snapdragon StudioAccess technology and Qualcomm SecureMSM platform
- Package – 12mm x 14mm (760NSP, 0.4mm pitch)
The processor is said to support Android, Linux and Windows 10. Potential target applications include connectivity for the smart home, industrial and home appliances, smart video camera systems, and digital media players and TV sticks.
You’ll find more details on Snapdragon 410E product page.
Snapdragon 600E (APQ 8064E) specifications:
- CPU – Quad core Krait 300 CPU @ up to 1.5GHz per core
- GPU – Adreno 320 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.0/2.0/1.1, OpenCL 1.1e (Android only)
- System Memory I/F – DDR3/DDR3L dual-channel 533MHz
- Storage I/F – eMMC 4.51, SATA 3.0, SDIO 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Connectivity – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0LE/3.x
- Display Support – 2x MIPI-DSI interfaces up to 2048×1536 for LCD display; 1x HDMI up to 1080p for external display; 1x LVDS
- Camera Support – 3x MIPI-CSI interfaces and integrated ISP support up to 21MP & stereoscopic 3D cameras
- Multimedia – 1080p HD (MPEG-4, MPEG-2, H.264, DivX, VC-1, WMV-9), H.264 playback & capture
- Other Peripherals – 1x PCIe, 3x USB 2.0 host interfaces, 1x HSIC,
- Security – Qualcomm SecureMSM foundation, with secure boot process and Qualcomm Secure Execution Environment with ARM Trust Zone technology
- Package – 23mm x 23mm (784 BGA, 0.8mm pitch) RoHs compliant
Snapdragon 600E processor supports Android and Linux, and targets advanced robotics applications, connectivity for industrial and home applications, smart surveillance cameras (with up to 3 cameras), and media players & TV dongles.
You may want to visit Snapdragon 600E product page to get more information.
You can already purchase Snapdragon 410E on Arrow Electronics for $17.28 for one unit, and as low as $11.50 per unit for 1K order. Snapdragon 600E will be available a little latter.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|