CompuLab has introduced IOT-GATE-iMX7 compact fanless IoT gateway and industrial controller built around the company’s CL-SOM-iMX7 system-on-module, and offering Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G and Zigbee connectivity.
- SoC – NXP i.MX 7 dual ARM Cortex-A7 processor @ up to 1GHz with ARM Cortex-M4 core @ 200Mhz, 2D graphics engine
- System Memory – Up to 2GB DDR3L-1066
- Storage – Up to 32GB on-board eMMC + micro-SD socket
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.1 BLE
- Optional 3G cellular module via mini PCie socket
- Optional ZigBee NXP JN5168 module
- Display – DVI up to 1920×1080 using a HDMI connector
- Audio – 3.5mm jacks for stereo line out, stereo line in
- USB – 4x USB2.0 host ports, type-A connectors
- Serial – 1x RS485 / RS422 port, RJ11 connector; 1x RS232 port, ultra-mini serial connector; 1x serial console via UART-to-USB bridge, micro-USB connector
- mini-PCIe socket, full-size
- embedded I/O header with up to 1x UART, 1x SPI, 1x I2C, 12x GPIO
- Power Supply – Unregulated 8V to 24V via power barrel; support for PoE (powered device)
- Dimensions – 108 x 83 x 24 mm ( Aluminum housing)
- Temperature Range – -40C to 85°C
IOT-GATE-iMX7 ships with Debian Linux pre-loaded, and the company can provide a full Linux Board Support Package (BSP) with Linux kernel 4.1.15, Yocto Project file-system and U-Boot boot-loader. The gateway also supports run mainline Linux, upstream Yocto Project and FreeRTOS BSP.
In case you’d rather provide your own enclosure the SBC-IOT-iMX7 single board computer is also available. Both the gateway and SBC have a 10-year availability.
IOT-GATE-iMX7 price starts at $107 for volume orders, and SBC-IOT-iMX7 at $85. You’ll find more details, including pricing for options, on IOT-GATE-iMX7 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.