There are plenty of Android TV boxes powered by Amlogic S905X processor on the market, but ACEMAX has apparently decided to leverage the community’s work on LibreELEC, and launched two “ACEMAX LE” models with 1GB RAM/8GB flash or 2GB/16GB that runs LibreELEC sold on Aliexpress for respectively $39.99 and $57.99 shipped. You can also buy the second model with a dual boot Android 6.0 + LibreELEC firmware for $59.99 including shipping, instead of only running LibreELEC.
The company uses both “OpenELEC”, “LibreELEC” and “Pure Linux”, but the video demo embedded at the end of this post shows clearly the box booting LibreELEC 7 with Kodi 16.1.
ACEMAX LE TV box specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – Model 1: 1GB RAM; model 2: 2GB RAM
- Model 1: 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Model 2: 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz, and AV port (composite video)
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical S/PDIF, AV port (stereo audio)
- Model 1 – 10/100M Ethernet, and 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- Model 2 – 10/100M Ethernet, and dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi.
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Power LED, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
The TV Box ships with a remote control, a HDMI cable, and a power adapter. You can normally install LibreELEC by yourself on most Amlogic S905/S905X TV box, but getting it pre-installed should save you a little bit of time, and the need to work around potential issues.
Via AndroidPC.es and theguyuk.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.