Last summer I wrote about Shenzhen Tomato TVI development board powered by Amlogic S905X processor, and at the time the company focused on business to business customers, but the board is now sold as Khadas Vim through GearBest with 2 GB RAM, 8 or 16 GB flash, and price starting at $49.99 including shipping.
Khadas Vim and Vim Pro boards’ specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 1.5 GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Vim – 8 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Vim Pro – 16 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Vim – Fast Ethernet port, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6212 module) with IPEX connector
- Vim Pro – Fast Ethernet port, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 (Ampak AP6255) with IPEX connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports with 500mA fuses, 1x USB type C port for power and USB devices (no video)
- Expansion header – 40-pin Raspberry Pi compatible header with USB, UART, I2C, ADC, PWM, JTAG, I2S, and GPIOs
- Misc – Blue & red LED, dual channel IR, power/function/reset keys, header for RTC battery
- Power Supply – 5V via USB type C or extra header with 2.6A fuse
- Dimensions – 82.0 x 57.5 x 11.5 mm
We already knew the board supports Android 6.0, OpenELEC 7.0 and Ubuntu 16.04, we we did not have any details about documentation and source code. You’ll find lot of info include u-boot and Linux 3.14 source code, as well as schematics (PDF) among other things on Khadas’ Github account.
The board is sold as Khadas Vim with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB RAM for $49.99 and Vim Pro with 2GB/16GB configuration for $64.99, which you can purchase on GearBest. The acrylic case shown in the first picture is included with the board, as well as a user’s manual. You may also be interested in the manufacturer’s website (Shenzhen Wesion Tech), where you’ll find not only more info about Vim boards, but discovered the company is also making Rockchip RK3366 based GeekBox board and landingship baseboard.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|