When will they ever stop? Shenzhen Xunlong has launched yet another Allwinner H3 board called Orange Pi Zero Plus 2, that has not that much in common with Orange Pi Zero, since it uses a different processor (H3 vs H2+), adds HDMI, and implements WiFi and BLE via an Ampak AP6212 module.Orange Pi Zero Plus 2:
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU @ 600 MHz
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3 SDRAM
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI port with CEC support
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Ampak AP6212) with u.FL antenna connector and external antenna
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port
- Camera – MIPI CSI port
- Expansion headers – Unpopulated 26-pin “Raspberry Pi B+” header + 13-pin header with headphone, 2x USB 2.0, TV out, microphone and IR receiver signals
- Debugging – 3-pin serial console header
- Misc – 2x LEDs for power and status
- Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 48 x 46 mm
- Weight – 20 grams
So the board is slightly smaller than Orange Pi Zero, and won’t have some of the WiFi issues with Orange Pi Zero with many re-transmit packets leading to a lower throughput. It still works through contrary to what some people claim. Software support for Orange Pi Zero Plus 2 should be the same as with other H3 boards including Android, Ubuntu, and Armbian builds.
Orange Pi Zero Plus 2 has started selling for $18.90 + shipping on Aliexpress.
Thanks to Aleksey for the tip.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|