When Rockchip RK3288 was launched in 2014 we got a few development boards like Firefly-RK3288, PopMetal, and Radxa Rock 2, and later on MiQi board. ASUS Tinker board made the processor popular again in 2017, and now AAEON, an industrial embedded company of ASUS group, has just unveiled RICO-3288 Pico-ITX Board based on the processor, and targeting OEMs instead of hobbyists & makers.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core Cortex A17 processor @ 1.8GHz with ARM Mali-T760 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Video Output / Display IF
- mini HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kx2K @ 60Hz (Note that 4K @ 60 Hz may not work with all HDMI 2.0 TVs).
- eDP up to 2560×1400 @ 60Hz
- Dual channel 18/24-bit LVDS up to 1400×900 @ 60Hz with backlight connector
- Audio – Via HDMI, interfaces for microphone, earphone and speakers (2.5W / 4 Ohm)
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet; V & F models: WiFi 802.11b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0,Nano-SIM card slot, optional GPS
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro-USB 2.0 OTG port, 1x USB 2.0 header
- Serial – RS-232/422/485 port, RS-232 header, V model optional features: 2x RS-232 ports, CAN bus
- 8-bit DIO connector (4-in , 4-out)
- Full-size mini-PCIe slot for 3G/4G card (USB signals only)
- Misc – Watchdog, RTC with battery
- Power Supply
- 12V DC via 2-pin header; [email protected] full load power consumption
- Optional 7.4V battery for V and F models only
- Dimensions – 100 x 72mm ( Pico-ITX form factor)
- Weight – 400 grams
- Temperature Range – Standard: 0°C ~ 60°C; WiTAS 1: -20°C ~ 70°C
- Certifications – CE/FCC
RICO-3288 single board computer comes preloaded with Android 6.0, but there’s no mention of Linux support.
Pricing and availability information is not available yet, except the board is “coming soon”. You may want to visit Aaeon RICO-3288 product page for more details.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|