MinnowBoard Turbot Quad Core board was announced last autumn, with shipping expected in December 2016, but there may have been delays as the MinnowBoard foundation has just announced that the Intel open source hardware board is now shipping.
MinnowBoard Turbot Quad “MBT-4220” board specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom E3845 quad core Bay Trail-I processor @ up to 1.92 GHz with Intel HD graphics @ 542 / 792 MHz (10W TDP)
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L 1067 MT/s (Soldered)
- Storage – 1x SATA2 3Gbps, 1x micro SD card slot, 8 MB SPI Flash for firmware (Tianocore UEFI, Coreboot, SeaBIOS)
- Video & Audio Output – 1x micro HDMI connector
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet RJ-45 connector (with Intel i211 instead of Realtek NIC on dual core MinnowBoard)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host, 1x USB 2.0 host
- Debugging – Serial debug header
- Expansion headers
- Low-speed expansion (LSE) port – 2×13 (26-pin) male 0.1″ pin header with access to SPI, I2C, I2S Audio, 2x UARTs (TTL-level), 8x GPIO (including 2x supporting PWM), +5V, and GND
- High-speed expansion (HSE) port – 60-pin high-density connector with access to 1x PCIe Gen 2.0 Lane, 1x SATA2, 1x USB 2.0 host, I2C, GPIO, JTAG, +5V, and GND
- Power Supply – 5V/4A DC input via 2.5mm center pin positive power jack; 5V DC output via 2-pin header
- Dimensions – 99 x 74mm
- Temperature Range – 0 to 40 °C; wider range possible with larger heatsink.
- Certifications – FCC Part 15 Class A, CE Class A, IEC-60950, RoHS/WEEE
The board can run Debian GNU/Linux, Windows 10 IoT, Windows 8.1, Android 4.4, Ubuntu, and Yocto Project Custom Linux with source, firmware image, documentation, and hard design files available via the tutorials and github.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|