Intrinsyc has just launched one of the first development boards powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with their Open-Q 835 devkit equipped with 4GB LPDDR4x, 128GB UFS 2.1 flash, 802.11ad WiFi, dual camera support and more.
Open-Q 835 development kit is comprised of a “processor board” and a baseboard with the following specifications:
- Processor Board
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (APQ8098) octa-core processor with four high performance Kryo 280 cores @ 2.20 GHz/ 2.30 GHz (single core operation), four low power Kryo cores @ 1.9 GHz, Adreno 540 GPUwith OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 Full support, and Hexagon 682 DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions (dual-HVX512)
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage – 128GB UFS2.1 Gear3 2 lane Flash
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5Ghz 2×2
- Bluetooth 5.0 + BLE
- WiGig60 802.11ad with on-board antenna
- Dimensions – 70 x 60 mm
- Carrier Board
- Display – 1x HDMI 2.0 out up to 4K Ultra HD, 2x 4 lane MIPI DSI + Touch Panel connector for optional LCD panel accessory
- On-board Audio Codec; Audio in & out expansion headers, 1x ANC Headset Out
- Optional SW features – Qualcomm Fluence HD with Noise Cancellation, high fidelity music playback 24-bit/192kHz, Dolby 5.1 support
- 3x 4-lane MIPI CSI connectors
- Dual Qualcomm Spectra 180 ISP
- Optional SW Features – Qualcomm Clear Sight camera; Hybrid Autofocus, Optical Zoom; HW-accelerated Face Detection; HDR Video Record
- Other Interfaces
- GNSS daughter card with GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, and Galileo, PCB antenna and SMA connector option
- 1x UART debug (USB micro-B)
- 1x USB3.1 Type C
1x uSD 3.0 UHS-1
I2S, SPI, GPIO, sensor header
- Power Supply – 12V/3A DC; optional 3,000 Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions — 170mm x 170mm (mini-ITX form factor)
The company provides support for Android 7 Nougat, and Windows 10 should be feasible too but you are asked to “contact sales”. An optional WQHD AMOLED LCD is also available. Intrynsic explains the development kit is particularly suited for OEMS and device makers evaluating the processor and peripherals, and for premium mobile device development.
The “Early Adopter Version” of Open-Q 835 development kit can be purchased for $1,149, subject to an approval process. You may be able to find additional details on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “Intrinsyc Open-Q 835 Development Kit Features Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Processor, Support Android 7 and Windows 10”
The Snapdragon pad development platforms Qualcomm sold are that much or more.