Launched in 2015, NVIDIA Jetson TX1 developer kit integrates some serious processing power with a Jetson TX1 module with a 256-core Maxwell GPU, four Cortex A57 cores, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, and plenty of ports and I/Os via a mini-ITX carrier board. The only problem is that it’s quite expensive, as it was launched with an official $599 price tag, and it’s still $579 on Amazon US. The good news is that NVIDIA decided to launch a promotion for Jetson TX1 Developer Kit SE, based on the same $500+ development kit minus USB cable and camera module, and offered for just $199.
Let’s refresh our memory with the board’s specifications:
- Jeston TX1 module
- NVIDIA Maxwell GPU with 256 NVIDIA CUDA Cores
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A57 MPCore Processor
- 4 GB LPDDR4 Memory
- 16 GB eMMC 5.1 Flash Storage
- Connects to 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled devices
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet
- NVIDIA Jetson TX1 Carrier Board
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Type A Safety Booklet, 1x USB 2.0 Micro AB (supports recovery and host mode)
- M.2 Key E
- PCIe x4
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Full size SD card slot
- SATA data and Power
- GPIOs, I2C, I2S, SPI
- TTL UART with flow control
- Power Supply – External 19V AC adapter AC Adaptor and power cord
The kit includes NVIDIA Jetson TX1 Carrier Board, an AC Adapter and power cord, antennas to connect to Wi-Fi enabled devices, 4x rubber feet, a Quick Start Guide, and a Safety Booklet. Various other optional accessories can also be added to your purchase such HDMI cable, USB camera, USB cable, and so on.
In order to qualify for the discount, you need to be part of NVIDIA Developer Program (free registration), and while the promotion is only available in the US and Canada, the company intends to offer the kit in “other geographies starting this September”.