Inforce Computing has introduced the first board of their “Application Ready Platforms” family with Inforce 6420 SBC powered by Qualcomm Snpadragon 600 / 600E processor, and equipped with three HDMI ports including one HDMI input, and two independent HDMI outputs making suitable for products needing streaming, content sharing or rendering on multiple displays. The board also comes with WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, etc… for “edge computing in the IoT space”.
Inforce 6420 board specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 / 600E (APQ8064 / APQ8064E) quad core Krait 300 CPU @ up to 1.7 GHz with Qualcomm Adreno 320 GPU, and Hexagon DSP
- System Memory – 2GB on-board DDR3 (PCDDR3-533MHz)
- Storage – 4GB eMMC flash (expandable to 64GB)
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet via Atheros8151, dual band dual stream 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 via QCA6234
- Video – 2x HDMI 1.4a outputs up to 1080p, 1x HDMI input up to 1080p
- Audio – WCD9311 audio codec; 8-channel 7.1 surround sound, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, and DTS-HD via HDMI-out
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Camera – Via USB 2.0 port or/and HDMI input
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/4A (typ.)
- Dimensions – 160 mm x 70 mm
- Temperature Range – 0-70° C
- RoHS and WEEE compliant
The board comes pre-loaded with Android Lollipop 5.1.1, and the company provide a board support package (BSP) for development. Linux support based on an Open embedded is in progress. The solution is destined to be used for video collaboration, medical applications such as remote diagnosis & treatment, video capture, and smart boards.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|