Intel’s new generation of Gemini Lake and Coffee Lake processors is expected to launch at the end of this year, beginning of next, and this morning I received Intel’s NUC roadmap that gives a good idea of what’s coming in 2018 and 2019.
Intel plans a whole new generation of NUCs from “Hades Canyon VR” NUCxi7HVK model with a 100W Intel Core i7-xxxxK Kaby Lake-H processor to “June Canyon Celeron” NUC7CJYH model with a 10W Intel Celeron J4005 dual core “Gemini Lake” processor. All in all a total of 7 new NUCs should be launching in 2018.
Let’s have a closer look at the cheaper and lower power Gemini Lake models, starting with “June Canyon Celeron” NUC7CJYH specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron J4005 dual core GLK processor (10W TDP)
- System Memory – 2x DDR4-2400 slots for up to 8GB RAM
- Storage – M.2 SSD slot, SDXC slot
- Display – 2x HDMI 2.0a ports supporting up to two independent displays
- Audio – front stereo headset, rear stereo out / TOSLINK
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet (TBC), 802.11ac 1×1 WiFi and Bluetooth 5
Intel “June Canyon Pentium” NUC7PJYH model has exactly the same specifications, except for the Intel Pentium J5005 quad core processor with 10W TDP. Both models are expected to launch in Q1 2018.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|