Espressif ESP32 is popular dual core processor with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, except as we’ve seen last year, the company also developed a single core version with ESP32-S0WD chip, whose price is only slightly more expensive than ESP8266.
But so far, I had not seen many hardware platforms announced with the single core version, with the exception of Particle Argon board. But I believe we should soon see more ESP32-S0WD boards brought to market, since Espressif Systems has now announced ESP32-SOLO-1 single core module.
ESP32-SOLO-1 wireless module specifications:
- SoC – Espressif ESP32-S0WD single core Tensilica Xtensa LX6 processor @ up to 160 MHz with 448 KB ROM, 520KB on-chip SRAM, and 16KB SRAM in RTC
- Storage – 4MB SPI flash
- 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n WiFi up to 150 Mbps
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE + EDR
- I/Os – SD card, UART, SPI, SDIO, I2C, LED PWM, motor PWM, I2S, IR, pulse counter, GPIO, capacitive touch sensor, ADC, DAC
- Supply Voltage – 2.7 to 3.6V
- Minimum Current from power supply – 500 mA
- Sleep Current – < 5 μA
- Dimensions – 25 x 18 x 3.1 mm
- Temperature Range – -40 to +85°C
- Certifications – FCC/CE/IC/KCC/SRRC/NCC/TELEC
ESP32-SOLO-1 is suitable for various applications such as low-power sensor networks, voice encoding, music streaming and MP3 decoding.
You’ll find the full details in the datasheet. With regards to pricing, I could only find it on YOYCART, where it is sold for $5.54 per unit plus shipping if you order 11 or more, but I’d expect the price to fall further since ESP32-WROOM-32 can be found on Aliexpress for under $4 shipped.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|