We’ve already seen some SMARC 2.0 SoM based on NXP i.MX8 processor with for instance, i.MX 8M based SECO SM-C12. We now have at more choice thanks to Congatec which just announced conga-SMX8, the company’s first SMARC 2.0 Computer-on-Module based on the NXP i.MX8 Arm Cortex-A53/A72 processor.
conga-SMX8 SoM specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- NXP i.MX8 Quad Max with 2x Arm Cortex-A72, 4x Arm Cortex-A53, 2x Arm Cortex-M4F, 2x Vivante GC7000XSVX GPU
- NXP i.MX8 QuadPlus with 1x Arm Cortex-A72, 4x Arm Cortex-A53, 2x Arm Cortex-M4F, 2x Vivante GC7000Lite/XSVX GPU
- NXP i.MX8 DualMax with 2x Arm Cortex-A72, 2x Arm Cortex-M4F, 2x Vivante GC7000Lite/XSVX GPU
- System Memory – Up to 8 GB LPDDR4 memory | 3200 MT/s
- Storage – Up to 64GB eMMC flash, micro SD 3.0 card socket
- Other On-Module Chips
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet transceiver
- Optional M.2 1216 WiFi module (soldered down)
- USB hub
- 314-pin MXM Edge connector with
- Storage – 1x SATA III
- Networking – 2x Gbit Ethernet
- HDMI 2.0a with HDCP 2.2
- 1x dual channel LVDS 24 bit
- eDP 1.4 output and DP 1.3 output (shared with HDMI)
- 1x MIPI-DSI with 4-lanes each shared with second LVDS channel
- Camera I/F – 1x MIPI-CSI x4 and 1x MIPI-CSI x2
- USB – 5x USB 2.0 (shared with 1x USB OTG client), 1 x USB 3.0
- 1x SDIO 3.0
- Expansion – Up to 3x PCIe 3.0 (one shared with SATA III, 2 root ports)
- I²C bus, QSPI, 4x UART, 2x FlexCAN
- I²S audio interface
- Security – High Assurance Boot support; Inline Encryption Engine (AES-128); TNG, AES-128, AES-256, 3DES, ARC4, RSA4096, SHA-1, SHA-2, SHA-256, MD-5; RSA-1024, 2048, 3072, 4096
- Power Supply – 5V
- Dimensions – 82 x 50 mm (SMARC 2.0 compliant)
- Temperature Range
- Operating: 0 to +60°C commercial grade / -40° to + 85°C industrial grade /
- Storage: -40° to + 85°C
- Humidity – Operating: 10 to 90% r. H. non condensing; storage: 5 to 95% r. H. non condensing.
The company provides Linux support via the Yocto Project, as well as an
Android BSP. The platform also includes hardware-based real-time and hypervisor support, and the company provides extended longevity up to 15 years. The module can be fitted into conga-SEVAL SMARC 2.0 carrier board for initial development or evaluation.
Congatec now offers standard conga-SMX8 modules with 4GB RAM, 16GB storage with either one of the three processors, and industrial or commercial temperature range, as well as options for either active or passive cooling. More details can be found on the module and evaluation carrier board respective product pages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|