Qualcomm introduced the Snapdragon 670 this August with improved camera capabilities and improved performance, including a near doubling of the performance of the AI Engine over the one in Snapdragon 660.
Intrinsyc is normally the first company to launch mobile development platform for Qualcomm processor, and this time is no exception, as the company has just introduced Open-Q 670 HDK Development Kit with Snapdragon 670 Mobile Platform.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon SDA670 Octa-core 64-bit Kryo 360 processor with 2x high-performance Gold cores @ 2.016 GHz, 6x low-power Silver cores @ 1.708 GHz, Qualcomm Adreno 615 GPU @ 430 MHz, and Qualcomm Hexagon 685 DSP dedicated for Computer Vision and Video Post Processing
- System Memory – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC 5.1 Flash Storage (non-PoP memory) + uSD card socket
- MIPI DSI connector with 1x 4-lane DSI port + Touch for included LCD panel accessory (5.65″ FHD+ 2160×1080 resolution)
- HDMI Video output via DSI -> HDMI bridge chip
- VESA DisplayPort V1.3 on USB Type-C interface
- 3x 4-lane MIPI CSI interfaces on single camera connector
- Qualcomm Spectra ISP: Dual 14-bit + single Lite ISP: 16 +16 + 2 MP or 25MP 30fps
- 25MP30 ZSL(Zero Shutter Lag) with dual ISP; 16 MP 30 ZSL with a single ISP
- Encode – 4K30 8-bit: H.264/VP8/HEVC
- Decode – 4K30 8-bit: H.264/HEVC/VP9 or 4K30 10-bit: HEVC/VP9
- Concurrent – 4K30 Decode + 1080p30 Encode
- On-board Audio Codec (WCD9341)
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Audio input/output expansion headers
- Qualcomm WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5Ghz 2X2 MIMO (WCN3990) with MH4L antenna conn. and PCB antenna
- Bluetooth 5.x + BLE
- Location – Qualcomm SDR660 GNSS receiver with GPS/GLONASS/COMPASS/Galileo; PCB antenna and SMA connector option
- USB – 1x USB3.1 Type C with VESA DisplayPort V1.3, 1x USB micro-B serial UART
- Expansion – NFC expansion header, Sensor expansion header, I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART
- Power Management – Qualcomm Power and battery management (PM670 + PM670L + SMB1355)
- Power Supply – 12V/5A input from included wall adapter or 3,000mAh Li-Ion battery
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (Mini-ITX form-factor)
- Camera Board – IMX318 rear camera, IMX258 front camera, OV2281 Iris camera
- Sensor Board – Expansion board with gas, pressure, hall, UV, ALSP, magnetometer, accelerometer/gyro, humidity, temp. sensors.
Open-Q 670 HDK development kit can be purchased now for $1,199 on Intrinsyc shop with delivery scheduled for later this month. The camera board adds $350, and the sensor board $175. A few more details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|