The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ is likely the most popular maker board available today at $35, but it just got a little brother – Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ – that should also enjoy good popularity with a $25 price tag.
The new model features the same BCM2837B0 quad core processor @ 1.4 GHz, and dual band WIFI connectivity, just in a smaller form factor.
Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ specifications:
- SoC – Broadcom BCM2837B0 64-bit ARMv8 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.4GHz with dual core VideoCore IV GPU
- System Memory – 512MB LPDDR2
- Storage – micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 and 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2 LE (via Cypress CYW43455 based module)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB port for power
- 40-pin GPIO header
- MIPI DSI for Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- MIPI CSI for Raspberry Pi camera
- Power Supply – 5V up to 2.4A via micro USB port, or 5V DC via GPIO header
- Dimensions – 65 x 56 mm
In order to decrease the price by $10, they obviously had to cut some features. We lost the “Gigabit” Ethernet port, memory dropped to 512 MB RAM instead of 1GB, and there’s only one USB port. There also some invisible changes with improved USB mass-storage booting and improved thermal management.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|