The first Android 9.0 TV boxes appeared a few months ago in some Rockchip RK3328 based models, Amlogic also showcased Android 9 Pie in S905X2 / S905Y2 TV box reference platforms, but so far I don’t think I had heard about Android 9.0 for Allwinner processors.
- SoC – AllWinner H6 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.5 GHz with Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot up to 128GB
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60hz with HDR support
- Audio I/F – HDMI, coaxial S/PDIF
- Video Playback
- H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.2 high-tier up to 4K @ 60fps / 6K @ 30 fps
- VP9 Profile 0/2, up to 4K @ 30fps
- H264/AVC BP/MP/[email protected], MVC, up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- MKV, MP4, Blu-ray ISO, 3D MVC…
- SmartColor 3.0 image optimization engine
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps Ethernet, dual band 802.11b/g/n WiFi (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz) 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 4.1 with internal + external antennas
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB3.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, front panel display
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10.5 x 10.5 x 2.5 cm
- Weight – 180 grams
If you already own Tanix TX6, I’d assume an OTA update might do the trick, but if not, you could always download H6_9.0_4Gddr_8822bs_20190114 firmware and install it from a USB flash drive.
Nobody has reviews of Tanix TX6 with Android 9.0 Pie just yet, but reviews with Android 7.0 (here and there) are generally positive, except for the limited 10/100Mbps Ethernet, “old” Android 7.0, Netflix limited to 480p, and YouTube to 1080p.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|