Gateworks has announced a new Ventana SBC similar to their GW5530 board with 4G LTE connectivity, as GW5913 single board computer follows the same factor, and supports 4G LTE connectivity via mPCIe cards, but it replaces the microSIM card slot by a nanoSIM card socket, and adds a Gigabit Ethernet port with 802.11at PoE support.
Gateworks GW5913 specifications:
- SoC – NXP i.MX 6Dual dual-core Arm Cortex-A9 processor @ 800MHz
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3-800 SDRAM
- Storage – 256MB Flash, serial configuration EEPROM
- Gigabit Ethernet with PoE support
- Optional 4G LTE via high-power (up to 8W) Gen2 Mini-PCIe socket with USB 2.0 and nanoSIM socket
- Optional u-blox GPS Receiver with MMCX or U.FL Antenna Connector
- Expansion Connector – USB, UART, I2C, DAC, DIO
- Misc – Real-Time Clock with battery backup, voltage and temperature monitor, programmable watchdog timer
- Power Supply – 8 to 60VDC input voltage range via 2-pin power connector or Ethernet with 802.3af/at Active PoE, reverse voltage protection
- Power Consumption – 2W @ 25 °C (typ.)
- Dimensions – 100 x 35 x 21 mm
- Weight – 28 grams
- Temperature Range – -40 ° C to +85 ° C
The company provides OpenWrt and Ubuntu Board Support Packages (BSP) for the board, and documentation is publicly available in the Wiki. The board is designed for small embedded applications such as IoT Gateways, Man-Portable Units (MPUs), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), digital signage, and robotics.
Gateworks also offer a GW5913 development kit with the SBC, Ethernet cables, a power supply, and a JTAG programmer. The board can also be customized by switching to another pin-to-pin compatible i.MX 6 processor (e.g. single or quad-core) coupled with up to 2GB RAM and 2GB storage. Peripherals can also be removed to lower the cost of the board.
Both Gateworks Ventana GW59130 board and development kit are available now at undisclosed prices. More details can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|