Gateworks recently launched another Freescale i.MX6 board part of theur Ventana family with Ventana GW5220 single board computer with Freescale i.MX6 dual processor, HDMI out, Ethernet, and a PCIe slot that takes modules adding WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/a, 4G Wimax, and 3G (CDMA/GSM) connectivity, as well as other compatible PCIe modules.
Gateworks GW5520 board specifications:
- SoC- Freescale i.MX6 Dual with 2x Cortex A9 core @ 800MHz and Vivante GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB (default) to 2GB DDR3-800 SDRAM
- Storage – 256 MB (default) to 2GB Flash, micro SD slot, serial configuration EEPROM
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet port (RJ45)
- Video Output and Input – HDMI 1.4 out, CVBS, Y/C, and YPbPr inputs, LVDS output (TIA/EIA 644-A)
- Audio – HDMI, analog stereo Line In/Out, or Headphone/Mic
- Expansion – 2x Mini PCIe sockets including one supporting USB and SIM socket, and the other supporting PCIe, mSATA and USB signals.
- Other I/O ports:
- Serial – 2x RS232, CAN Bus 2.0B @ 1 Mbps, optional RS485 serial port
- SPI, GPIO
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG port up to 480 Mbps
- Misc – RTC with battery, voltage & temperature monitor; 6-axis accelerometer/magnetometer, optional GPS receiver, etc…
- Power Supply – 8 to 60V DC via a power barrel or 36 to 60V DC via 802.3af PoE
- Typical power consumption – 2W Watts @ 25 C (0.08A @ 24VDC)
- Dimensions – 100 x 70 x 21 mm
- Weight – 57 grams
- Operating Temperature – -40 to +85 C
The company can provide OpenWRT, OpenEmbedded/Yocto, and Android BSPs (Board Support Packages). A development kit with GW5220 network computer, cables (Ethernet, Serial, USB, AV), a passive PoE power injector and power supply, and a JTAG programmer is also available. More technical details about the board and supported wireless modules can be found on Ventana Wiki.
Ventana GW5220 board has started shipping, and costs $297 per unit for 100 pieces orders. The development kit pricing has not been disclosed, but you can find request more information via Ventana Development Kits page, as well as Ventana GW5520 product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|