Unless a new processor is out, we don’t cover most TV boxes as they mostly provide the same features with little differentiation between products. But the manufacturer of A95X Max Plus TV box has decided to leverage the excellent gaming performance of Amlogic S922X processor, by bundling the device with a Wii-like motion-sensing remote control and a Bluetooth gamepad. The mechanical design is quite different from competing products as well.
A95X Max Plus TV box specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S922X hexa-core big.LITTLE processor with 4x Arm Cortex A73 cores, 2x Arm Cortex A53 cores, Arm Mali-G52MP GPU; 12nm process
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash, microSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 75 Hz, AV port (composite)
- Video – AVE-10 engine with 4K UHD H.265/VP9/AVS2 video decoding up to 60 fps, Dolby Vision, Advanced HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, and PRIME HDR high-dynamic range support
- Audio – Digital audio via HDMI, stereo analog audio via 3.5mm AV jack, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 OTG ports
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 12.50 x 7.50 x 7.50 cm
- Weight – 300 grams
The TV box/game console runs Android 9.0, and ships with an HDMI cable, an IR remote control, a power supply, a user manual, and the aforementioned Bluetooth gamepad with motion-sensing remote control.
One should always take marketing materials with a grain of salt, but it looks like it may be possible to use two sensing remote controls at the same time if the photo showing two little girls playing football together bears any resemblance to reality…
I don’t see them carrying any remote either. There’s something that looks like a red LED on top of the USB port, so I wonder if it could be a depth-sensing camera, but it’s not documented at all, and if that was the case it’s really a big omission. Another important point is that they did not list the games compatible with the motion sensor only saying “there are more motion-sensing games to discover”. I’m not even sure the football game pictured above does actually exist.
I found the new TV box while browsing Banggood new arrivals feed, and if you feel adventurous, you could purchase it on their site for $138.99 including shipping, Note that it is the pre-order price, and it will go up to $149.99 as time passes.