We reported about Spreadtrum SC9863 processor for 4G LTE smartphones last year, as it was the first SoC we had seen made only of Cortex-A55 cores.
Since then several phones have launched with the processor, now sold under UNISOC company name, such as the $83 Doogee N10 smartphone, but today I also noticed a tablet based on the processor. Teclast P10S comes with a 10.1″ display, 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC storage, and 4G LTE connectivity for $109.99 shipping.
- SoC – UNISOC SC9863A octa-core Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.6 / 1.2 GHz (two clusters) with Imagination IMG8322 GPU; 28mn HPC process
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, microSD card slot up to 128GB
- Display – 10.1″ multi-touch IPS capacitive screen with 1280×800 resolution
- 2.0MP front-facing camera
- 5.0MP rear camera with auto-focus
- Audio – Built-in microphone and stereo speakers, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.0
- GNSS – GPS/A-GPS, Beidou
- Cellular (Note there are a European version and a rest of the world version, but the specs don’t show differences)
- 4G – FDD-LTE: B1,B3; TD-LTE: B39,B40,B38,B41
- 3G – WCDMA: B1; TD- SCDMA: B34,B39
- 2G GSM: B3, B8
- 2x SIM card slot
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port
- Sensor – G-sensor
- Battery – 6,000mAh battery good for up to 10 hours of video playback
- Dimensions – 240 x 150 x 15 mm (Is thickness correct? it looks thinner)
- Weight – 700 grams
The tablet runs Android 9.0, and ships with a USB cable, power adapter, and a card pin. UNISOC SC9863A SoC supports displays up to FHD+ (2160×1080) resolution, so Teclast decided to go with a fairly low resolution 1280×800 display to keep the cost low instead of limitations of the processor. The cameras are also likely to be subpar.
If you wonder about performance, Doogee N10 smartphone got a little over 70,000 points in Antutu 7.x benchmark, which places it in the entry-level range.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|