We’ve already written about AMD Ryzen 7 4800 mini PC‘s such as ASROCK 4×4 BOX-4800, but if you’d like something slimmer with the processor, nothing beats the company’s Mars 4000U series mini PCs with a 26mm height.
Despite its slim body, the mini PC packs up a lot of processing power and features, with up to an AMD Ryzen 7 4800 processor, up to 64GB RAM, support for a 2.5-inch SATA drive and M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD, as well as HDMI and VGA video outputs and more.
- Mars 4300U model – AMD Ryzen 3 4300U quad-core processor up to 3.7GHz with 6MB cache, 5-core Radeon graphics; 15W TDP
- Mars 4500U model – AMD Ryzen 5 4500U hexa-core processor up to 4.0GHz with 11MB cache, 6-core Radeon graphics; 15W TDP
- Mars 4800U model – AMD Ryzen 7 4800U octa-core/16-thread processor up to 4.2GHz with 12MB cache, 7-core Radeon graphics; 15W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM DDR4, up to 64GB (non-ECC)
- Storage –
- 1x Ultra M.2 (2280) PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA III socket for SSD
- 1x SATA III interface for 2.5-inch 7mm/9.5mm Hard Drive
- 1x SD card reader
- Video Output – 1x HDMI up to 4Kp60Hz, 1x VGA/D-Sub up to 1920×1080
- Realtek ALC233-VB2 audio codec
- 1x Line Out, 1x Microphone
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) port
- 1x M.2 key E 2230 slot for optional Intel AX200 Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth module
- USB – 1x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C (5Gbps), 4x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A (5Gbps), 2x USB 2.0
- Misc – Proprietary fansink
- Power Supply – 65W/19V Adapter
- Dimensions – 194 x 150 x 26 mm (~0.7L)
- Certification – CE, FCC
The mini PC ships with a VESA mount and a stand to allow the device to be attached behind a monitor or vertically respectively. The company only mentions Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit operating system and browsing the product page only shows Windows 10 drivers and the BIOS, plus a user manual. So that means Linux support would have to be tested.
ASRock has not provided pricing and availability information. Additional information can be found on the product page where the company also mentions FP6D4-P1 motherboard with a wider choice of AMD Ryzen 4000U processors, but sadly no photos. I could still find an installation guide video that shows the motherboard, and how to install memory and storage to the mini PC.