Several Elkhart Lake SBC’s integrate two Ethernet ports including Avalue ECM-EHL 3.5-inch SBC or Congatec Conga-PA7 Pico-ITX board with the former equipped with 2.5GbE and GbE ports, and the latter two GbE ports.
But if your industrial project requires more Ethernet ports, iBase IB836 3.5-inch Atom x6000E embedded SBC offers three Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports, as well as two SATA ports, six USB interfaces, plus various display options, as well as M.2 and mPCIe expansion sockets.
- Elkhart Lake SoC (one of the other)
- Intel Atom x6425E quad-core processor @ 1.8GHz/3.0GHz, with 1.5MB cache, Intel UHD graphics; 12W TDP
- Intel Atom x6413E quad-core processor @ 1.5GHz/3.0GHz, with 1.5MB cache, Intel UHD graphics; 9W TDP
- Intel Atom x6211E dual-core processor @ 1.2GHz/3.0GHz, with 1.5MB cache, Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 32GB via DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM, with IBECC support
- Storage – 2x SATA ports, 1x mSATA socket (multiplexed with one SATA port), SPI flash for AMI BIOS
- Video Output
- 2x DisplayPort (DP connector & Type-C), and eDP or 24-bit dual-channel LVDS
- Up to three independent displays
- Audio – Built-in HD with Realtek ALC269 w/ class-D amplifier
- Networking – 3x Gigabit Ethernet via Intel i210IT PCIe transceivers
- USB – 3x USB 3.1 Type-A ports, 1x USB 3.0 Type-C port, 2x USB 2.0 interface on pin header
- Serial Port – 1x RS232/422/485 (Jumperless selection), 3x RS232
- 1x M.2 Key-E 2230 socket
- I/O Chip – Fintek F81964D-I
- 8x Digital IO (4x in/4x out)
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog Timer, H/W Monitor
- Power Supply – +9V~+36V DC-in
- Dimensions – 147 x 102mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: -40°C~85°C; storage: -40°C~90°C
- Relative Humidity – 90% (non-condensing @ 60°C)
- Compliance – EuP/ErP
There’s no information about supported operating systems on iBase website and documents, but a separate product page on Intel website says iBase IB836 SBC can run Ubuntu to Windows Embedded. While only Atom x6000E processors are shown in the specs, the board’s description indicates Celeron and Pentium Elkhart Lake may also become an option.
The company promises a 15-year life cycle to match availability requirements in smart retail, intelligent transportation, healthcare, and industrial automation applications. While the product page is shown as “preliminary”, mass production is said to have started on the 11th of November 2020, and the sample price ranges from $250 to $499.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.