LilyGO introduced the ESP32 powered T-Watch-2020 smartwatch last year with a slim form factor, a 1.54-inch LCD capacitive touch screen, WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity, and support for Arduino.
In February, we noted TTGO T-Watch-2020 V3 with a built-in microphone to enable voice control, but the company has just listed TTGO T-Watch-2020 V2 adding GPS and a MicroSD card slot on its Aliexpress store for around $33.
TTGO T-Watch-2020 V2 specifications:
- SoC – Espressif ESP32 dual-core wireless processor with 520KB SRAM
- System Memory – 8MB PSRAM
- Storage – 16MB QSPI flash, MicroSD card slot
- Display – 1.54-inch LCD capacitive touch screen
Audio – Max98357 Class-D amplifier, buzzer/speaker
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 4.x/5.1 via ESP32
- Quectel L76L module for GNSS (GPS, Beidou,GLONASS, QZSS)
- Sensors – BMA423 three-axis accelerometer with built-in step counting algorithm, activity recognition/tracking, advanced gesture recognition.
- Expansion – 13-pin 0.3mm pitch FPC expansion socket (shared with MicroSD card slot)
- Misc – Power button (round), PCF8563 RTC clock,
vibration motorDRV2605L tactile motor control, IR transmitter
- Programming – Via Micro USB port (CP2104 USB to TTL chip)
- 380 mAh/3.7V Lithium battery
- Charging – 5V/1A via Micro USB port; AXP202 PMIC
- Dimensions – 40 x 47.45 x 13 mm; Length with wristband: 272 mm
- Weight – Around 60 grams
The microSD card socket can also be used as an I/O expansion header which does not look very convenient at first, but since ESP32’s SD card interface can be used for JTAG debugging, there are some breakout boards for sale. The vibration motor has been replaced with a DRV2605L haptic actuator that allows for more vibration modes.
You’ll find the Arduino library on Github. It is shared by all versions of TTGO T-Watch, but V2 specific demo code can be found in “tree/master/examples/BasicUnit/TwatcV2Special” folder with examples for Baidu map, GPS info display, and three samples for DRV2605L driver.
The watch ships with a 30cm USB cable for charging the battery and the T-Watch-2020 V2 should last under a day per charge, especially with easy use of the GPS function.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
Have you seen their even newer one? OMG take my money!
Still looking for a watch that tracks heartbeat AND has a SIM slot to warn family of my location in case of a heart attack while jogging..
Not a 100% percent match of your requirements, but there are already watches/bracelets with GPS, cellular connectivity and fall detection that serve this purpose.
Too bad they didn’t expose IO12 (next to IO13,IO14&IO15) on the I/O expansion header, so there was debugging functionality. I wonder why, because IO12 don’t seems to be used somewhere, and there are plenty of NC pins on the header.
Nice specs, I guess it’s about time I buy one to replace my broken v1.
Would this be capable of playing MP3 or so from a micro SD card to Bluetooth headset?
That would make it a nice option as simple sports watch with audio and GPS tracking. Which is basically all I’m looking for.