UGOOS UT8 PRO is the first TV box I’ve seen with a Rockchip RK3568 processor, if we exclude Firefly Station P2 that’s more like an Arm Linux mini PC. The device runs Android 11 and is equipped with 8GB RAM, 64GB eMMC flash, and offers WiFi 6 connectivity. There’s also the “UGOOS UT8” with basically the same features except it ships with 4GB RAM and 32GB flash, and a dual-band WiFi 5 and Bluetooth module.
We previously had seen TV boxes and mini PCs with the similar Rockchip RK3566 SoC in T95 Plus, H96 Max, and Zidoo M6, and the only reason for going with RK3568 in UGOOS UT8 (PRO) should be the extra USB 3.0 host/OTG interface, adding to the USB 3.0 host interface found in both RK3566 and RK3568 processors.
UGOOS UT8 (PRO) specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3568 with a quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 1.8/2.0GHz, Arm Mali-G52 2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.2. OpenCL 2.0. Vulkan 1.1, 0.8 TOPS AI accelerator, 4K H.265/H.265/VP9 video decoder, 1080p100 H.265/H.264 video encoder.
- System Memory – 4GB or 8GB (PRO version) DDR4
- 32GB or 64GB (PRO version) eMMC flash
- MicroSD card socket
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60
- 3.5mm audio out jack, 3.5mm AUX-in jack
- Digital audio output via HDMI
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- UGOOS UT8 – Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth
- UGOOS UT8 PRO – Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi 6 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 5.0 (Ampak AP6275P module connected over PCIe)
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 OTG port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, power button
- Power Supply – 5V/3A via DC jack
- Dimensions – 11.6 x 11.6 x 2.8cm
The TV box ships with a 5V/3A power adapter, a Bluetooth remote control, an HDMI cable, and two antennas for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The PRO model comes with a blue enclosure, while the model with 4GB RAM is offered in a black enclosure. An optional G10S/G20S air mouse with 2.4 GHz RF and Bluetooth 5.0 can also be added. The Android 11 operating system in the devices comes with Ugoos settings with support for SAMBA server, automatic framerate (AFR) switching, OTA firmware update, and so on.
UGOOS UT8 and UT8 PRO Android 11 TV boxes are available now starting at respectively $136.06 and $155.79 on Aliexpress or GeekBuying. More details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.