Lanner IIoT-I530 is a fanless machine vision IPC (Industrial PC) powered by a choice of Intel Tiger Lake UP3 processors and equipped with six PoE+ or LAN ports for IP cameras, as well as two 2.5GbE ports.
The embedded computer also comes with up to 64GB DDR4 RAM, two COM Ports, four USB 3.0 ports, dual HDMI output, digital inputs and outputs, as well as M.2 sockets for WiFi 6 or/and 5G connectivity, plus NVMe SSD storage.
Lanner IIoT-I530 specifications:
- SoC – 11th Gen Intel Core Tiger Lake UP3 up to Core i7-1185GRE quad-core CPU @ 1.8 GHz / 4.4 GHz (Turbo) with Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- System Memory – Up to 64GB DDR4 3200 RAM via 2x 260-pin SO-DIMM sockets
- 1x SATA with 2.5-inch drive bay for SSD/HHD
- 1x mSATA socket,
- 1x M.2 M-Key 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 socket for NVMe SSD
- 256Mbit SPI Flash for AMI BIOS
- Video Output – 2x HDMI ports up to 4Kp60
- TSI 92HD73C audio codec
- 1x Mic-in, 1x Line-out jacks
- 2x 2.5Gbps Ethernet RJ45 ports via Intel i225IT controllers
- IIoT-I530A – 6x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports with PoE+ (Total power budget of 120W) via Intel i210IT controllers
- IIoT-I530C – 6x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports (i.e. no PoE support) via Intel i210IT controllers
- Optional WiFi 6 and/or 5G cellular connectivity with M.2 modules
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 Type-A ports
- Serial Ports – 2x RS232/422/485
- Digital I/O – 8x isolated DI, 4x isolated DO
- 1x M.2 B-Key 3042/3052 socket w/ 2x Nano-SIM (eSIM Reserved) for 5G
- 1x M.2 E-Key 2230 socket for WiFi-6
- 1x M.2 M-Key 2280 For PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD
- Misc – Power-on and Reset buttons, 2-pin remote power switch, LEDs for storage and power, watchdog timer
- Power Supply – +24 DC via 3-pin terminal block, ATX type.
- Dimensions – 270 x 76 x 180 mm (aluminum extrusion & SGCC enclosure)
- Temperature Range
- Operating: -40°C~55°C (CPU not throttling, up to 70°C for 72 hours test)
- Storage: -40 ~70ºC
- Relative Humidity – 10%~90% (Non-condensing)
- Vibration – IEC 60068-2-64, 0.5Grms, random 5 ~500 Hz, 40 mins/axis
- Certifications – EMC, CE/FCC, Class A
The Lanner IIoT-I530 machine vision industrial PC comes with wall and VESA mounting options, and supports Microsoft Windows OS, but Lanner says Linux support depends on Intel drivers release. I’ve very recently reviewed the UP Xtreme i11 edge compute enabling kit that happens to come with the Intel Core i7-1185GRE processor mentioned in the specifications and runs Ubuntu 20.04 with everything apparently just working fine, so I would assume most, if not all features, to be working in Linux on the IIoT-I530 as well.
The PC should also support Intel OpenVino SDK and Intel Edge Insights for Vision which we tested on the UP Xtreme i11 with CPU and GPU acceleration, but also supports M.2 AI accelerators, which surprisingly, are not mentioned at all here, as the system may have to handle six or more video streams, and could struggle depending on the video streaming resolution and AI model.
Lanner did not provide availability and pricing information for their IIoT-I530 IPC. Additional information may be found in the press release and product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.