Simply NUC “Tiger Canyon Porcoolpine” is a fanless Intel NUC offered with a choice of Tiger Lake UP3 processors, notably Core i3-1115G4, Core i5-1135G7, and Core i7-1165G7, and equivalent vPro parts when available.
The mini PC comes with up to 64GB DDR4, NVMe & SATA storage, a Thunderbolt 4 port, two HDMI 2.0b ports, 2.5 GbE networking, and optional Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1, as well as a DB9 serial port for industrial applications, for example, to connect a barcode scanner.
Tiger Canyon Porcoolpine (NUC11TF) specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i3-1115G4 dual-core/quad-thread processor @ up to 3.0 / 4.1 GHz (Turbo) with 6MB L3 cache, 48EU Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i5-1135G7 quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 2.4 / 4.2 GHz with 8MB L3 cache, 80EU Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i5-1145G7 (vPro) quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 2.6 / 4.4 GHz with 8MB L3 cache, 80EU Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i7-1165G7 quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 2.7 / 4.8 GHz with 12MB L3 Cache, 96EU Intel Xe Graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i7-1185G7 (vPro) quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 3.0 / 4.8 GHz with 12MB L3 Cache, 96EU Intel Xe Graphics; 28W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 64GB DDR4-3200 via 2x SO-DIMM sockets
- Storage – M.2 Slot for PCIe Gen 4 SSD, 2.5-inch SATA drive bay
- Video & audio output – Dual HDMI 2.0b up to 4K @ 60Hz; Digital Audio 7.1 Surround Sound
- 2.5 GbE
- Optional WiFI 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 with dual-band antennas
- USB/Thunderbolt – 1x Thunderbolt 4 port, 1x Thunderbolt 3 port, 3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Serial – DB9 serial port
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Power button, Kensington Lock Support
- Power Supply – 19V DC Jack (12-24V operation)
- Temperature Range – 0 to 40°C
The computer ships with the VESA mount kit, and the company offers free installation of the operating systems be it Linux (Fedora or Ubuntu) or Windows 10 Home/Pro/IoT Enterprise. Note that you’d still need to pay for the Windows license…
Besides the choice of OS, the mini PC is quite modular, and you’ll be offered to select the amount of RAM from 4GB to 64GB, SSD capacity from 128GB to 8TB, an optional 2.5-inch SATA drive, plus various accessories like HDMI/USB cables. Somehow, while the WiFi 6 & Bluetooth 5.1 module is listed as an option in the specs, it appears to be included by default, and can’t be removed from the option. Other options include vPro support and the length of the warranty period.
The Core-i3 model (11TNFi3) starts at $679 with 4GB DDR4 and a 128GB SSD, while the Core-i5 and Core-i7 versions start at respectively $809 and $929 with the memory & storage configuration. You may find additional information, and build your own system on Simply NUC website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.