AAEON recently launched the PICO-TGU4-SEMI compact, rugged mini PC based on the company’s PICO-TGU4 Pico-ITX SBC powered by a choice of Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Tiger Lake UP3 processors, and designed for robotics and industrial IoT applications.
The PICO-TGU4-SEMI embedded computer comes with up to 32GB RAM, SATA storage, support for SATA or NVMe SSD storage, HDMI output, 2.5GbE networking, two USB 3.2 ports, and more.
- Tiger Lake SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-1185G7E quad-core/8-thread processor @ 1.8GHz / 4.4GHz (Turbo) with Intel Iris Xe graphics; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i5-1145G7E quad-core/8-thread processor @1.5GHz / to 4.1GHz (Turbo) with Intel Iris Xe graphics; 15W TDP
- Intel Core i3-1115G4E dual-core/4-thread processor @ 2.2GHz / 3.9GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD graphics; 15W TDP
- Intel Celeron 6305E dual-core processor @ 1.8GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 15W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 32GB LPDDR4x 3200 MHz onboard memory with optional In-Band ECC on select SKUs
- Storage – M.2 M Key 2280 socket for NVMe or SATA SSD, mSATA socket (See Expansion section)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0b port up to 4Kx2K 60Hz
- Audio – Optional 3.5mm Line-out jack
- 1x 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Intel i225
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel i219
- USB – 2x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports
- Serial Port – Optional 2x RS-232/422/485 DB9 connectors
- 1x M.2 M Key 2280 socket with PCIe Gen4 as default, or SATA (BIOS option)
- 1x Full-size mSATA/mPCIe socket with mSATA as default selected by BIOS option
- 1x SMBUS/I2C/eSPI header with SMBUS as default, and I2C selectable by HW BOM
- Security – Optional TPM 2.0
- Misc – Power button, watchdog timer, AMI UEFI BIOS with Wake-on-LAN, cooling fan
- Power Supply – +12V via lockable DC jack
- Power Consumption – 2.89A at +12V, i7-1185G7E, 32GB LPDDR4x
- Dimensions – 122 x 80.8 x 50.4 mm
- Weight – 380 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0˚C ~ 50˚C; storage: -40˚C ~ 80˚C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certification – CE/FCC Class A
- MTBF – 424,208 hours
The mini PC also comes with two antenna openings, so while not explicitly listed in the specifications, the mPCIe socket could be used to add a wireless module. AAEON provides support for Windows 10 64-bit and Ubuntu 20.04 with Linux 5.8.
While the board supports up to 32GB RAM, AAEON defaults to 4GB RAM for the Celeron module and 8GB RAM for the Core variants. The price for the model based on Intel Core i5-1145G7E SoC is even listed on the company’s store for $1,105, but currently out of stock. Check out the product page for additional information.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.