01Space “ESP32-C3-0.42LCD” is a small (23.5 x 18 mm) board equipped with ESP32-C3 RISC-V WiFi and Bluetooth microcontroller, a 0.42-inch display, and a Qwicc I2C connector to easily add modules such as sensors.
The first time I saw it, the form factor immediately reminded me of the nRF52840-based XIAO BLE Sense board I just used to test Edge Impulse machine learning framework. Both boards should have similar use cases, but XIAO BLE Sense includes a 6-axis IMU sensor, and I had to connect an OLED display, while the ESP32-C3 board already integrates a display, and I would have had to connect an external Qwicc module with an accelerometer.
- SoC – ESP32-C3FH4 SoC with RISC-V core @ 160 MHz, 4MB flash, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5 LE with Long-Range support
- Ceramic antenna
- Display – 0.42-inch LCD
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port for power and programming
- Qwiic I2C connector
- 7-pin and 8-pin headers with up to 11x GPIOs, SPI, I2C, 4x ADC, 1x UART, 5V, 3.3V, BAT, GND
- Reset and Boot buttons
- RGB LED, power LED
- Power Supply
- 5V via USB-C port or Vin
- BAT pin for battery input
- 3.3V regulator with 500mA peak output
- Dimensions – 23.5 x 18 mm
- Weight – About 2.6 grams
It’s not the first time we write about 01Space boards as we previously covered their ESP32 boards with 25 RGB LEDs also pictured above.
ESP32-C3-0.42LCD development board is sold on Aliexpress for $9.95 plus shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.