AAEON GENE-ADP6 is a 3.5-inch SBC equipped with a choice of Intel 12th Gen Alder Lake-P (and Alder Lake-U) processors and the first from the company to support DDR5 memory, of which up to 64GB can be installed through two SO-DIMM sockets.
The single board computer also supports SATA and NVMe storage, up to two 8K displays (and up to four independent displays), 2.5GbE networking, USB 3.2 ports, four RS232/RS422/RS485 interfaces, and further expansion through three M.2 sockets for wireless connectivity (WiFi, 5Gm, 4G LTE…) as well as the already mentioned NVMe SSD storage.
GENE-ADP6 SBC specifications:
- Intel Alder Lake-P SoC (one or the other)
- Core i7-1270PE 12-core/16-thread processor @ 3.30GHz / 4.50GHz (Turbo) with 96EU Intel Xe graphics – PBP: 28W, up to 64W MTP
- Core i7-1265UE 10-core/12-thread processor @ 3.50GHz / 4.70GHz (Turbo) with 96EU Intel Xe graphics – PBP: 15W, up 55W MTP
- Core i5-1250PE 12-core/16-thread processor @ 3.20GHz / 4.40GHz (Turbo) with 80EU Intel Xe graphics – PBP: 28W, up to 64W MTP
- Core i3-1220PE 8-core/12-thread processor @ 3.10GHz / 4.20GHz (Turbo) with 48EU Intel UHD graphics – PBP: 28W, up to 64W MTP
- Celeron 7305E penta-core processor @ 3.10GHz / 4.20GHz (Turbo) with 48EU Intel UHD graphics – PBP: 15W, up o 55W MTP
- System Memory – Up to 64GB DDR5 @ 4800 MHz via 2x SO-DIMM sockets
- 1x SATA 3.0 connector plus +5V SATA power connector
- NVMe storage via M.2 socket or FPC connector (see Expansion section)
- Display Interfaces
- 1x HDMI 2.1 port up to 8Kp60 or 4Kp120
- 1x DisplayPort 1.4b up to 7680 x 4320 @ 60Hz (aka 8Kp60)
- eDP 1.4b HBR3 up to 3840 x 2160
- Dual-channel 18/24bit LVDS up to 1920 x 1080
- Up to 4 Simultaneous Displays
- Realtek ALC897 codec
- Header with Line-in, Line-out, MIC
- 1x 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Intel i226 controller
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel i219 controller
- Optional wireless/cellular model via M.2 socket plus Nano SIM slot
- 3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports
- 1x USB Type-C port with DisplayPort 1.4b Alt Mode, USB PD 5V/3A
- 4x USB 2.0 interfaces through headers
- Serial Port
- COM1 and COM2 RS232/422/485 ports with supports for 5V/12V/RI
- COM3 and COM4 RS232/422/485 ports
- M.2 M-Key 2280 socket (PCIe x4)
- M.2 B-Key 3052/2242 socket (PCIe x2, USB3.2+SATA, USB2.0), default: USB3.2 + SATA
- M.2 E-Key 2230 socket (PCIe, USB2.0)
- 1x FPC connector with PCIe x4 Gen 4, that can only support graphics or NVMe
- 8-bit DIO
- 1x SMBUS/I2C header (SMBus by default)
- Security – TPM 2.0 (NPCT750AABYX)
- Misc – UEFI with WoL support, watchdog timer, RTC battery (3V/240mAh), 1x smart fan, front panel header
- Power Supply – +9-36V or +12V via Phoenix 2-pin connector, AT/ATX power type
- Power Consumption (Intel Core i7-1270PE, 2x 32GB DDR5)
- Typical: 5.72A @ +12V, or about 68.6 Watts
- Max: 7.95A @ +12V, or about 95.4 Watts
- Dimensions – 146 x 101.7mm (3.5-inch SubCompact board)
- Temperature Range – Operating 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- EMC – CE/FCC Class A
AAEON says Windows 10/11 64-bit and Ubuntu 22.04 with Linux 5.15 are supported by the board. The company further explains users should expect a 15% improvement in CPU performance and 50% faster data transfer speeds via the Intel Alder Lake-P processor platform when compared to the Tiger Lake processor family used in the company’s GENE-TGU6 3.5-inch SBC.
The company also highlights Intel’s Deep Learning Boost AI accelerator found in Alder Lake processors as it should help the GENE-ADP6 single board computer perform well for 5G and AI edge computing. Other target applications include machine vision, smart retail, industrial automation, and digital signage.
No availability and pricing information was given for the GENE-ADP6 board. Further information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.